Steam Queue: What is Alice Madness Returns?

Type: Action-adventure/platformer

Dev/Publisher: Spicyhorse Games/ EA

Steam price: $19.99

Lowest Price: $3.99

Bundled: Never

Pros: Beautiful gfx, Amazing soundtrack, great controls, great story, tons of unlockables

Cons: Framerate Drops, Texture distortion in cutscenes, sometimes monotonous platforming

Recommended?: Yes!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/19680/

HOW TO UNCAP 30FPS:

1. Go to Documents/My Games/Alice Madness Returns/Config
2. Open aliceEngine.ini with Notepad or similar
3. Search for MaxSmoothedFramerate and change it to 60, or whatever FPS your heart desires.
4. Save and exit file.

Eleven years ago a horrific fire took Alice’s family from her and left her mind horrifically scarred. Afterwards she was confined to Rutledge Asylum, where she struggled to confront her demons by slipping further into her fantasy world of Wonderland. Now, after ten years, she has finally secured her release—yet she still bears the heavy psychological burden of that tragic event.
With her mind in tatters, she is unable to resolve the fear prompted by her strange memories, dreams, and visions. Perhaps she’ll do better in Wonderland. She always has. She travels there, seeking what the “real” world can’t provide: security, knowledge, and the truth about the past. But in her absence, Wonderland too has suffered. Something has gone horribly wrong, and now a great evil is descending upon what once was her beautiful refuge. Can Alice save Wonderland—and herself—from the madness that consumes them both?

Key Features:

Intense 3rd person action:

• Use multiple upgradeable melee weapons, including the explosive Teapot Cannon, the punishing Hobby Horse, and the classic Vorpal Blade.

Explore a dark and shattered Wonderland:

• Encounter familiar but now strange characters, including the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter, the Caterpillar and the Red Queen.

Magical abilities:

• Obtain peculiar abilities in Wonderland such as floating with Alice’s dress, shrinking, or growing to towering sizes in order to crush enemies.

Interactive puzzles:
Intuitive and rewarding puzzles such as transforming obstacles, musical memories, chess, and picture blocks.

516471-alice-madness-returns-windows-scr

ss_07cf6673da5d287c566be87f4cb64d0989cbd

AlicePepperGrinder-620x.jpg

Edited by SiD
  • Like 1

OMGURD! Thank you thank you thank you! I was waiting for this one. It looks exciting, and very creepy. But being as I will be killing the creepy things, that makes me feel better.

What do you mean by monotonous platforming?

OMGURD! Thank you thank you thank you! I was waiting for this one. It looks exciting, and very creepy. But being as I will be killing the creepy things, that makes me feel better.

What do you mean by monotonous platforming?

Well that's more of a generalization in my own opinion. I can only do so much platforming before I get frustrated and/or bored haha. It's nowhere near as bad as some games out there, but I've found myself missing a couple easy jumps.