Ascii characters

Hossam ET

hey . i tried to download the ascii characters but it is unavailable . can u please tell me how to type ascii characters for ET?

hey hossam welcome to forums so u made an account good to see u and for ascii try this 

http://jimprice.com/jim-asc.shtml

or else u can download ascii converter softwares and try it 

hey karizma .. i made account but i think its not related to <<H0$$AM>> . anyway good to see you . i opened this page of ascii before i didnt understand :D or i didnt know how to do it in ET . i tried to type Alt then numbers as he said . but it is done in normal chat or notebad only not for gamed like ET > iam confused . and what about these ascii converter softwares? what do they do? .. and please if u know to make these ascii characters in et . just give me the key of it like " press ALT then 3 didgit numbers" any thing for example . cuz i dont understand as i said . and thanks

Edited by Hossam ET

First you need a generator, go to your favorite search engine and type ascii art, ascii generator, ascii Creator and you will find more than one.
Insert the word that you wish to use and you will get ascii word.
Now this goes into empty config file.
Every line has to start with say" and end with ". DO NOT FORGET QUOTES!
You must have quotation marks!
If you wish to add colors then add them after first quote!

http://www.network-science.de/ascii/

ok i m not sure but i think this might work u need to copy your name or symbols in your cfg of et and load it i think this will work and keep a backup of your cfg before doing it 

• Like 1

i tried to put them in binds.cfg but it didnt work because they are symbols . i know something : these symbols are written in games like et by number codes (combos) but i failed to know them because there is a ascii file to download but the server is down so i cant download it . do u know anything like that?

• Clan Friend

On etpro you can write extended chars in chat, using = and the the code (you need 'cmd' before say or vsay afaik)

example:

/cmd say "=18Test"

it will print that symbol + test. I don't know if it works on other mods (probably not, maybe Silent mod).

If you mean the player name, just put the appropriate ascii character in the config, make a config with:

name "xxx"

and then exec that config. On Windows maybe you can type straight from the menu in ET but I don't know, I'm on Linux atm. The config way always works. Of course you need to know how to type any character, but you know that already, right? alt+ascii code on Windows.

On Linux I just did a test with

echo $'name "\x18test\x18"' > testname.cfg

because I forgot how to type an exact ascii (not unicode) code

p.s.

I found an old tutorial here in FA website: there you can find a table with all the symbols

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/140-how-to-get-%C2%BB-marks-in-game-et-enemy-territory/

Edited by SunLight
  • Like 1