Linux Based Routers And Modems Vulnerable to The Craziest Virus

OnionKnight

Researchers in the Czech Republic have discovered a piece of malware that has been taking control of routers with the Linux operating system. Masaryk University's Institute of Computer Science in Brno, Czech Republic, dubbed the malware and its botnet after the American martial artist because of a line of code in it which reads, "in nome di Chuck Norris." In Italian, that means "In the name of Chuck Norris." The malware is able to install itself on routers by guessing the admin passwords of D-Link brand modems and then using the remote access "feature" to redirect your internet traffic to malicious websites.

Jan Vykopal, the head of the network security department with Masaryk University, said that even though Chuck Norris is nigh impossible to defeat in hand-to-hand combat, you can at least delay his attacks on your router by making sure your passwords are strong. And please, change it from "admin."

- This was just copy and pasted from Escapist

• Like 1

• Administrators

I have corrected your misleading title. Also you missed out the most important part of that article, if you think your modem or router is infected simply reset it or disconnect it from power for a few seconds since this "virus" lives in the modem/router ram. I think I am done here. NEXT!!!

• Like 1

I have corrected your misleading title. Also you missed out the most important part of that article, if you think your modem or router is infected simply reset it or disconnect it from power for a few seconds since this "virus" lives in the modem/router ram. I think I am done here. NEXT!!!

:thanks