ET server facade setup problem

Hi guys,

i have recently come across the idea of using server facade for better server visibility because since the masterserver incident 2012 sometimes servers wont show in the serverlist so having 1 or 2 mirrors to the server would ensure to resolve this problem as we have some users that only connect via the server list.

Now here comes my problem: i have the windows files for server facade and set it up this way (i don't think i have made any mistake there as it was very straight forward):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings>
	<connection>
		<port>27960</port>   																			<!-- real etded.x86 port -->
		<listen>27970</listen> 																		<!-- virtual server facade port -->
		<serveraddress>108.61.255.203</serveraddress>						<!-- public ip address -->
		<clientsredirect>108.61.255.203:27960</clientsredirect>	<!-- built in ET2.60b redirector - possible values: ip:port(123.123.123.123:27960) -> redirect on, empty field redirect off  -->
		<masterserveraddress>etmaster.idsoftware.com</masterserveraddress>	<!-- masterserver address -->
		<filterrcon>false</filterrcon>														<!-- allow only certain ip for a valid rcon connection -->
		<overrideprotocolserver>84</overrideprotocolserver>				<!-- override protocol number from real server to a simulated protocol number 82 = 2.55, 84 = 2.60b -->
	</connection>

<ipevents>
		<event address="" action="banned"/>				<!-- possible actions - blocked/banned, ip mask like 123.123.*.*/123.123.123.* -->
	</ipevents>

<rcon>
		<event address="" action="allowed"/>		    <!-- possible actions - allowed, ip mask like 123.123.*.*/123.123.123.* -->
	</rcon>

</settings>

The problem is its not working as intended, if i start the exe it states:

/** Enemy Territory Server Facade 1.0.3          **\
|++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++|
|developer:    [=1] RedSector                      |
|website:      equalone.freeunix.net               |
|email:        equalone@gmx.at                     |
\*********--------------------------------*********/

Fri May 02 22:31:47 2014
 Configuration successfully opened.

ETSFacade: Binding Enemy Territory UDP port 27970 on interface 108.61.255.203
           MasterServer Address: 192.246.40.60 (etmaster.idsoftware.com)

ServerFacade successfully initialzed:

however neither does the server facade show on the server list nor does the rediret of the port 27970 to 27960 work it just says "awaiting connection"

i could download the linux files and run them on our vps to see if those are working however currently i think there is either something wrong with server facade or the way i use it.

update: used the linux files on my vps as well and it didnt work same thing as the windows files

i made sure the port is open in my firewall and router for the program as well so that cant be the problem.

I would have asked the creator of the program but his website doesnt seem to be online anymore (it redirects you to some other forum now which doesnt mention server facade at all)

so my question

do you run server facade yourself or do you know someone that does and if so how did they set it up?

if i dont get the server facade to work i could still create dummy servers that redirect to the server but i feel like that is a waste of resources

Thank you very much in advance for you help

regards,

S!mple

Edited by Simple01

• Administrators

Use this: http://filebase.trackbase.net/et/server/et300_README.txt

Super simple. http://dediserverhosting.com/

They have descent servers  in Netherland, Germany and US. 

• Like 2