ADSL vs ADSL2+

killzone

does anyone know what the difference is?

does anyone even know what it is?

and finally, if i used adsl2+ instead of adsl will there be a noticeable difference in my ping?

PS: It might just be an aussie thing im not sure, so sorry in advance if you've got no idea what it is

read here also check Downstream rate and Upstream rate http://en.wikipedia....#ADSL_standards

but all this depends in how far you are from local DSLAM switch without forget attenuation and noise margin... I'm personally in ADSL2+, my line download rate is 8Mbit/s and upload rate is 1Mbit/s, I'm 2800m far with attenuation at 40db from the local DSLAM switch

and finally, if i used adsl2+ instead of adsl will there be a noticeable difference in my ping?

PS: It might just be an aussie thing im not sure, so sorry in advance if you've got no idea what it is

No, the only thing that will improve your ping if you have a broadband connection is if you move closer to the server. Games don't take much bandwidth. Think of it this way: your computer is your house, and the server is the liquor store. The road connecting the two is your connection, and all the traffic on that road can only go at one speed, no faster, no slower. Now, say you are having a party and you need 10 kegs. You call up the store and they deliver 10 kegs in one truck. That truck, in this example, is a packet, and the 10 kegs are data (we'll say for this analogy one keg is one megabit of data)... and that is an example of a download. The ping would be the time (in milliseconds) that it took from you ordering to the truck being in your drive. Now, after the party, you need to return the kegs, right? Well, all you have is a car, and you can only fit 5 kegs in your car, so you have to make two trips, effectively doubling the time it takes to complete the run. This is like uploading, and is how a typical ISP will deliver bandwidth (a high download speed and a low upload speed). So what happens when you want to get more beer, faster... like let's say you start your own bar and you need 30 kegs. A truck can only fit 10 kegs and traffic can only move at one speed, so how do we get the beer there faster? Get a bigger truck, or get more trucks. That way you could take fewer trips. Basically, when you're upgrading your connection, you're buying a bigger truck, or buying more of them. Electrons can only move so fast. Games take about 10% of an average ADSL connection, so further upgrading your connection won't do you much good unless your connection is poor because of bad cabling or whatever and you're switching actual providers. Either way it won't reduce your ping by more than single digits.