vchat spam

Anarchist

I was on the server today (jaymod server #2) and was wondering what the console command was that turns off the vchats for me. the spamming can get a little annoying after a while.

Edited by Anarchist

Jay 2 needs a banner, ''If vsays are annoying, press V 0 2'' lol

because I didn't know about the menu I was looking for the console command, which worked, but I saw where it was I will remember in the future. thanks

Just press v02 some players just love spamming but sometimes it gets silly

over spamming on jay 2 needs sorting out on the weekend puts players off from staying on the game

we need all are players because it's a better server when it's full :unsure:

/cg_teamchatsonly 1 will also disable all the annoying voice chats but will limit you to only seeing chats made by your own team (Y button chats), no world chats (T button chats). You will be able to send and receive pms with this setting, but on the down side if an Admin or someone is trying to communicate with you via world chat you will not see it and also will not be able to respond in world chat either. I'm not sure if you would be able to see warn messages with this on or not (can't remember).

This cvar is commonly used in Leagues, Competition and many Pros use this. Admins and clan members should take note on this as a player who is unresponsive to warn messages or world chat may have this cvar set and simply cannot see you trying to communicate with them. I have been kicked off of a server before when having /cg_teamchatsonly 1 for being unresponsive to some request being made to me and I had no idea anyone was trying to talk to me, warn me or whatever they were trying to do because I simply could not see what they were saying to me. So for an unresponsive player, keep this in mind and send them a pm first before taking further action.

/cg_teamchatsonly 1 will also disable all the annoying voice chats but will limit you to only seeing chats made by your own team (Y button chats), no world chats (T button chats). You will be able to send and receive pms with this setting, but on the down side if an Admin or someone is trying to communicate with you via world chat you will not see it and also will not be able to respond in world chat either. I'm not sure if you would be able to see warn messages with this on or not (can't remember).

This cvar is commonly used in Leagues, Competition and many Pros use this. Admins and clan members should take note on this as a player who is unresponsive to warn messages or world chat may have this cvar set and simply cannot see you trying to communicate with them. I have been kicked off of a server before when having /cg_teamchatsonly 1 for being unresponsive to some request being made to me and I had no idea anyone was trying to talk to me, warn me or whatever they were trying to do because I simply could not see what they were saying to me. So for an unresponsive player, keep this in mind and send them a pm first before taking further action.

Or you could just do

/cg_novoicechat 1

/cg_novoicetext 1

Disables both the sound and the text.