Different bindings

Danny

Hey guys,

I don´t know wether it possible, because of this I will ask here.

Most time I played on beginners 1... so, I binded some keys.. now when I have to use them on Fun1 (Silent Mod) there are different keys, when i am right....so f.e. when I type a button to say thank you for a person, there is: Thank you [K]

Is it possible to switch them? I had not watch, wether there are a possibility for silent mods, but when not, that the bindings are just running f.e. with thank you and without the [K]. But then it should be switched again, when I am on beginners #1 back..

Hope you understand what I mean :)

Greetings Danny

If you know which keys are for which mod make 2 different cfg's(for binds) then place script in your main cfg for switching them with one key ;)

It should be no problem now.

Example

set name1 "echo ^?Bindset ^wJaymod; exec jaymodbind.cfg; bind F8 vstr name2"
set name2 "echo ^?Bindset ^wSilent; exec silentbind.cfg; bind F8 vstr name1"
bind F8 "vstr name1"

Th3o
  • Like 1

If you know which keys are for which mod make 2 different cfg's(for binds) then place script in your main cfg for switching them with one key ;)

It should be no problem now.

Example

set name1 "echo ^?Bindset ^wJaymod; exec jaymodbind.cfg; bind F8 vstr name2"
set name2 "echo ^?Bindset ^wSilent; exec silentbind.cfg; bind F8 vstr name1"
bind F8 "vstr name1"

Th3o

That looks hard :D

I understand how it should works for a little bit, but bind f8 is then the key, and why "vstr name1"? ?

Isn´t it possible, that i take on config in the jaymod and one in the silent file and it works automatically whereever I am online?:D

That looks hard :D //No, It just looks like it's hard.

I understand how it should works for a little bit, but bind f8 is then the key, and why "vstr name1"?

set name1 "echo ^?Bindset ^wJaymod; exec jaymodbind.cfg; bind F8 vstr name2" // this is first command, exec'ing jaymodbind.cfg(name of cfg not for special mod, what is in cfg is up to you)
set name2 "echo ^?Bindset ^wSilent; exec silentbind.cfg; bind F8 vstr name1" // this is second command, exec'ing silentbind.cfg(name of cfg not for special mod, what is in cfg is up to you)
bind F8 "vstr name1" // This is for switching between first and second command. And about binding F8 this key was suitable for my cfg(previously it was for changing sound volume)

Isn´t it possible, that i take on config in the jaymod and one in the silent file and it works automatically whereever I am online? :D //It's hard to make such thing. I think I'm close to solving that problem but still it's hard to make. I made something like I have set specific settings on several servers and with vid_restart they are set. No binds are saved just graphics and that stuff.

Hope that helps,

Th3o

• Like 1