silent one map roster deletions

narc

Fueldump yes. Goldrush no.

What is the reason you want to remove? I also dont see the reason since its map-voting.

Edited by MOTA.FIED

ok so, my reasons for wanting them gone is that they very rarely get played for the obj. 15 min is not long enough to win goldrush without a big stack in teams.

There is too many suicidal tasks required to win fuel dump, as a result most decent players just frag the map away, resulting in a 30 minute tank camping excursion of boringness.

I have no qualms for fragging maps in and of themselves- I just hate the 30 minute long strongly objective oriented maps that end up fragging maps. 30 minutes of raping the poor noobs trying deperately to fix a tank is just sad

I cant count how many times i have seen the server population cut in half before warm up is even over on fuel dump.

same on venice. if axis have the typical stack found on axis team on silent server... both of these maps are rendered unwinnable and terribly boring in my opinion.

What silent really needs is some sort of programming that shuffles every map and automatically prevents the flippers who stack after shuffle. If the teams were even then both fuel dump and venice would become significantly more fun. Still no way to win goldrush in 15 minutes with even teams though.

Just my opinion though, is why I asked for yours :)

edit: omg my spelling and grammer... im hung over, i shall cling to this excuse.

edit#2: yes i just spelled grammar grammer. its that bad.

Edited by narc

In fact, truth be told, 1 single highly skilled engineer can stop allies from even taking the tank to begin with  on goldrush, and 1 single highly skilled field ops can stop the tank from ever crossing the bridge in fuel dump. add this to the fact that axis gets stacked almost every map and well.. yeah.. 

easily defended maps that make most skilled players shy away from obj= not fun, remove from server. thats my 2cents ^.^

Goldrush is only problematic because of the short spawn times on pub servers. Because the axis spawn close to the obj and allies spawn relatively far away, you really have to be able to frag the axis out long enough to complete a full attack. That's usually not possible in 14 seconds, but I still see the allies win it every now and then.

Silent 1 players just like those kinds of maps, I'd recommend playing on Hardcore. The map choices might be more to your liking.

fair enough! was worth a try  :thanks

edit: wtf is wrong with the editor here that it keeps erasing my edits?  :angry:

i disagree with the teamwork comment. teamwork doesnt win maps. it can, but it doesnt. not often.

one or two rambo engineers or whatever the key class is wins maps, the vast majority of the team is just cannon fodder, lets be real here. My team helps me die far more often than they help me win lol.

unless the teamwork you are talking about is the 11th hour FA save when 3 teamspeak linked skilled players come in with 2 minutes left and rape the obj- but realistically this is just team stacking plain and simple, doing it at the last minute doesnt make it any better, and if they didn't stack it , the teamwork wouldn't win it. This is kinda a pet peeve of mine as often the same players will spend the entire map on an axis stacked team enjoying easy frags as all the good shooters are on their team, then at the last minute stack allies and win it, thus vetting themselves as honorable players.. really gripes me. but ok rofl i have hijacked my own thread here.. if the stupid editor didnt erase my first edit i wouldnt have this long useless paragraph here for the record! :wacko:

Edited by narc