COD Freeze D:

Chameleon

Question

I am having sort of the same issue as Smoke was having before. Every few seconds COD freezes for a split second and then takes back off..  

I haven't installed anything new, or changed any settings, it just came outta nowhere. 

At first I thought it was a ping issue, but I stay somewhere in the 60's/70's so I don't believe that would be the issue.

I have moved recently, but the isp is the same, and I got a faster inet speed than before.

I re-installed the game last night  in hopes of a fix but no luck, was thinking of doing an OS re-install, but really don't wanna..

Need some help, thanks in advance :D

7 answers to this question

I re-installed my OS and re-installed COD4, but i have run into a new problem, when I go to EB to get punk buster and update, it is no longer shown in the list.. I Googled and found out that it was discontinued for COD4, so each time I start COD it says it cannot initialize PB.. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I re-installed my OS and re-installed COD4, but i have run into a new problem, when I go to EB to get punk buster and update, it is no longer shown in the list.. I Googled and found out that it was discontinued for COD4, so each time I start COD it says it cannot initialize PB.. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/files/call-of-duty-4-windows-file91.html

• Like 1

Okay, fresh OS install, and fresh COD install (After getting through the pb issue) and I am still having the freeze issue.. Only started happening a couple days ago

Also tried with old Video driver and updated driver..

Edited by Ph0eniX

Okay I think I have it fixed..  I have been using wifi to play for the past year, but never had a problem with it,

so I found a cat 5 cable and plugged it in and started using it instead of the wifi and everything so far is working like a charm!