Thinking of trying Warrock? Don't!

Queen_Anti

There's another free FPS out there called Warrock, which I'm sure most of you have at least heard of, if not played. It's a very good game, with a good premise, that the company (k2) let completely go to hell. They dropped a lot of their programmers, who in turn, started their own 'companies' making hacks. That game is the most hack ridden game in existence since Diablo 1. People flying around, coming out of the floor, shooting through walls, or launching 300 grenades at once.

This isn't some new issue either, and that's why it's so terrible. They release a patch, and theres already hacks out for it the next day. Some have speculated k2 may actually themselves have a hand in hack creation.

I will never play that game again. I suggest you don't either. I don't get mad at video games, with the one exception of hackers. I hate hackers with a passion few can understand (game hackers, specifically).

ah, you kknow i still can't figure out how to unistall it. the best thing about it was i hhad less lag on there than here, and condsidering the number of 3d rendering going on i was quite pleased. never learned the fine art of flying one of the planes but loved driving the mini-tanks. worst thing about it i would sday isin't the hacks but the fact you have to basically pay to play.

see what you're givern is some basic weapons - standered issues single pistol , smg etc (i don't rmeber the names). and in order to upgrade to better weapons you do indeed need to pay real money to get them. so if you aren't willing to pay your basically dead meat. its possible to play without them , but its a constant niggle on your mind when your outcalssed in one on one fights simply for the weaponary. that and there's a lack of community-ship you find on et.

so yeah i played it a bit, now i don't. try it if you want but its really not 'free' (heck you even have to pay for some maps)

You're right for the most part, but 90% of the stuff you buy can be bought with Dinars, which ar eearned by simply playing games.

All the maps are free to play, but you have to be a "memeber" to HOST them.

If you are running smoother on that than et, I suspect your video card drivers are bunk :P

I paid to play it once, and the day I played it every game I went into had a hacker. I never paid again after that. It should be noted, for those who haven't played it, these aren't wild hacker accusations like thrown around in it. It's obvious, when you hear 40 grenades going off at once, or you see someone flying around in the sky. These hacks are advanced, and it truly seems as though they are built into the game.

• 1 month later...