Working for the few

Joku_.

I will only offer you two lines from the material, the rest you can read yourself if you are interested. The 85 richest people own the same amount of wealth as the poorest 3,5 billion (half of the world's population). In the United States of America, after the financial crises, in other words since 2009, 95 % of the economic growth has ended up to the richest 1 % of the population. And at the same time 90 % of the Americans have become poorer.

http://www.oxfam.org/en/policy/working-for-the-few-economic-inequality

• Like 2

I can talk about the situation in my country, and I can tell we're having a regression in time, the time before there was democracy. No matter who is ruling the country, all spent years committing fraud and inflating pockets while holding public office. The middle class is disappearing, and the separation is becoming more evident among those who are richer and the poor.

The opinion of the people does not matter, when the economy of a country is at stake. Tax increases that the vast majority can not afford, while multinationals are untouchable, continue fattening the coffers.

This is what leads to the mismanagement of a country, and I repeat no matter the color of the flag that is governing, its a disappointment after another.

• Like 1

Fuuuuu....I saw this the other day. (and it is nothing new)

I have always thought that the distribution of the worlds resources is humanity's greatest problem.

Personal Fortunes  totaling hundreds of millions or even billions of dollars are obscene .

Corporations making more money than the governments of the countries in which they do business is obscene.

As a private individual, I feel absolutely powerless to do anything to change it. It is Their Game. Their Rules. Their Playing Field. Their Equipment, Their Referees.

OBSCENE!

Yep old news and when the economy was going downslope for most of the people few gained even more than in ordinary times.

You know unless its huge inflation like in "great depression" times the money can´t "just disappear" anywhere, the conservation of energy law, you know...

Also read from news that banks get billions in fines last month and still earning profit- don´t know how "wink, wink".

Inequality in itself is nothing new, but numbers confirming the upcoming disappearance of the middle class and the fact that rich have gotten even richer even during the depression times are always welcomed as they are confirmed numbers that substantiate facts. As for those facts they are not new, wealth in itself creates more wealth when used even some what decently. Even though currency only 'disappears' during the times of huge inflation, the actual ones who suffer the most are the normal working people, not the wealthy, if you compare the numbers. This is due to the real estate and other, lets call them 'concrete' things, as for most normal people they are these days more and more living in a rental flats, and their property mostly consist from consumption materials, which constantly and rapidly lose value anyways.

I guess to cut it short I am arguing that something which confirms even further the known truth is never a waste, since that truth was and is still not widely enough recognized nor will it be after this.

And Fre'dom I feel Zeitgeist is bit too much inaccurate many ways, all though it is in a way fun to watch. Rather check documentaries, such as these http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1671513/?ref_=nv_sr_1 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1645089/?ref_=nv_sr_1 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317910/?ref_=nv_sr_1 They are bit more decently made fact wise, at least in way, and are able to offer more decent view of matters all though they have their shortcomings. But they can offer a good enough picture in wholeness if one is not interested in reading university research papers.

• Like 1