Hardcore Server Stopwatch PUG Night

jesterr

Hey first I just wanted to say thanks to you all. You all are one of the last clans that actually is hosting some consistantly good public servers in ET. Love playing on the hardcore server and the new ETpro SW. I had a thought earlier tonight that I think could be a really fun and cool thing if it happened. I was thinking that, what if once a week, like a Sunday night, for a few hours that night the Hardcore server did a pick up game(PUG).

My thought on how we could do this: So we get a day(say Sunday starting at 8pm) the server goes private. And you all have a channel in your Teamspeak marked ya know like "Sunday Night PUG Channel". And the first (16-20; so like teams of 8v8 or 10v10) players that are in the channel are the only ones that will know the password to the server(an admin in =f|a= is in the channel and gives it too everybody in the channel). So they all join the server and two captains are choosen or whatever and they pick their players and scrimmage for like 2 hours or so. And then after that the server goes back to it's normal public settings and everyone is able to connect again.

My idea is this would be a good way for the regulars on the server and some of the newer players to chat, bond, and have some fun playing in a more competitive environment than just a straight up public setting. And obviously it wouldn't be as serious as a scrimmage on an etpro server on a standard 6v6 format. But it would be a fun little weekly game where people that enjoy a little more of a competitive enviornment can get together with those who also enjoy the same thing.

I think it could be a lot of fun and I would be willing to help out with the setup and coordination of such an event.

Edited by jesterr

You have a great point skully. I competely forgot about the other SW server, which is not etpro correct? My idea was for a PUG that was on the silent MOD, so as to involve a wider base of players. Something that a lot of casual players that have no competitive experience can join in on and not feel overwhelmed.

Edited by jesterr

You have a great point skully. I competely forgot about the other SW server, which is not etpro correct? My idea was for a PUG that was on the silent MOD, so as too involve a wider base of players. Something that a lot of casual players that have no competitive experience can join in on and not feel overwhelmed.

The first SW server is running Silent MOD w/ ETpro like settings iirc

• Like 1

I like that idea, but making Hardcore private would suck for the rest of the people who wants to play there. SW2 would be much better for that, like skully already said.

(And make it a time where euro players can join too :P )

I think it would be a good idea to have more players, so when someone went afk, someone else can join. If its for fun, dont make it too competitive-like.

Fa has no scrim teams and we don't scrim on our servers or play competitive

I understand that I'm not saying create a scrim team for this. It's just for players on the server to have a little fun playing a more structured game.

I like that idea, but making Hardcore private would suck for the rest of the people who wants to play there. SW2 would be much better for that, like skully already said.

(And make it a time where euro players can join too :P )

I think it would be a good idea to have more players, so when someone went afk, someone else can join. If its for fun, dont make it too competitive-like.

That's a good idea. And we could have like a number of players spectating on the server so if someone playing had to leave or go afk someone in spec could jump right in