What to replace my current (broken) LC setup with.

Decimate

It wouldn't be part of most BIOS updates, only a few later model motherboards have this feature incorporated into BIOS. This would be a program that you download and install into windows, and would be under a Programs/utilitities section of your motherboard support download page.

There is also a possibility that your CPU manufacturer would offer software like this as well.

Still can't find anything to the specific that I want, but in a 3rd Party software I already have it's only listing 3 fans 2 for my CPU which are the LC fans, and my 1 GTX 660ti fan. I have 2 other fans that aren't even listed.

Still can't find anything to the specific that I want, but in a 3rd Party software I already have it's only listing 3 fans 2 for my CPU which are the LC fans, and my 1 GTX 660ti fan. I have 2 other fans that aren't even listed.

It will only detect fans that are plugged into the motherboard. If you're plugging fans into molex connectors (That standard 4pin connector from the power supply) software will not detect those.

It will only detect fans that are plugged into the motherboard. If you're plugging fans into molex connectors (That standard 4pin connector from the power supply) software will not detect those.

This explains a lot. Thanks, lol.

• Administrators

My PC right now is running 63C with firefox open and cod4 open(tabbed of course) and Skype.  My Mainboard is at 43C

I'm don't know how to check my pump RPM's although I'm pretty sure they'd be 0. Also I do have thermal protection I think it shuts off at 90C.

Pumps in the AIO liquid coolers are whisper quiet. If its a 4 pin PWM connector that is plugged into the cpu fan header on the motherboard then you should see the RPMS in the bios. Or you could use a 3rd party program like Hardware Monitor to see them. What program are you using to see the temperature? I would only trust temperatures from BIOS or motherboard manufacturer utility. I have seen many 3rd party apps that give incorrect readings. Also if it is an AMD system you don't want that temperature going over 60 degrees celsius.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103195

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146028

Unless this isn't considered a true liquid cooling unit? These units are made to be self contained, and already filled at the factory now. The pumps are integrated into the block that mounts to the CPU. The cooler lines and radiator are all permanently assembled, The only thing you really have to attach is the fan.

The setup you've got is obviously far more advanced and of higher quality, but the units now are made to be much more affordable and faster/easier to install for the average PC user to enjoy the benefits of a LC CPU cooler setup. And yes these do actually work, the single fan unit that I linked is what I have, and it lowers CPU temps 17 degrees Celsius over a standard aluminum heatsink with a copper core, and a fan.

Unfortunately I don't consider those as true water cooling. 

Pumps in the AIO liquid coolers are whisper quiet. If its a 4 pin PWM connector that is plugged into the cpu fan header on the motherboard then you should see the RPMS in the bios. Or you could use a 3rd party program like Hardware Monitor to see them. What program are you using to see the temperature? I would only trust temperatures from BIOS or motherboard manufacturer utility. I have seen many 3rd party apps that give incorrect readings. Also if it is an AMD system you don't want that temperature going over 60 degrees celsius.

Yeah I didn't think so, but no worries. It's a nice upgrade over fans in any event. I'm sure your system is going to last longer, cool a shitload better due to a bigger and more efficient pump, and has the benefit of being able to replace individual components, where in these systems the only thing you can really replace is the fan. The pump, lines, and radiator are all factory assembled and sealed, and aren't made to be taken apart or have individual pieces replaced.

Out of curiosity, what temperature does your CPU run at with your setup?

I have an AMD processor, and an ASUS motherboard. I am using hardware monitor.

Edited by Decimate

• Administrators

Yeah I didn't think so, but no worries. It's a nice upgrade over fans in any event. I'm sure your system is going to last longer, cool a shitload better due to a bigger and more efficient pump, and has the benefit of being able to replace individual components, where in these systems the only thing you can really replace is the fan. The pump, lines, and radiator are all factory assembled and sealed, and aren't made to be taken apart or have individual pieces replaced.

Out of curiosity, what temperature does your CPU run at with your setup?

Mid 20s to mid 30s celsius under load.

I have an AMD processor, and an ASUS motherboard. I am using hardware monitor.

Use Asus own utility, Hardware monitor and other 3 party apps report wrong temps for most AMD processors.

• Like 1