words of wisdom that may bring a smile

Phobia

"it is also said 'there are no Christians in foxholes' when it comes to killing, they kill"

One of the last things Jesus said to his disciples was...."buy a  sword", because he knew they would need protection.  Next day Peter cut off the  roman guards ear....therefore  we must kill occasionally.

• Clan Friend

"it is also said 'there are no Christians in foxholes' when it comes to killing, they kill"

One of the last things Jesus said to his disciples was...."buy a  sword", because he knew they would need protection.  Next day Peter cut off the  roman guards ear....therefore  we must kill occasionally.

didn't remember... it's been a while since I last read that stuff and I'm not going to do it soon since there is lots of better things to read around, and I don't even read the good ones...

anyway, all that thing about atheists in foxholes is good when you say it to *some* people, but in reality I would expect someone to pray when in danger only if they don't believe in any religion due to lack of interest or common average-human shallowness, and not if they abandoned it out of rational principles and reasoning.

Rationality is a form of religion as well, if something is nonsense I refuse to do it no matter what.

What's more, if such a situation would occur then I should decide which god I should pray among the many.

I would at first remove from the list omnipotent and omniscient gods, because if they can do everything and they know the future, they wouldn't have put me in trouble if they knew I would have prayed them already... I would pray some lesser, non omnipotent, god in that case

whatever... I forgot that talking about religion and politics in forums is not a good idea

[attempts to lighten up the conversation]

There is no such thing as an Athiest 30 seconds before an orgasm.

BWAHAHAHA that's a good one

• Like 2

I wasnt talking  -religion, mans attempt to appear holy. (the fig leaf was the act of religion)  But faith, a BIG diff. 

Also , there 3 ways to get money....

work

coerce

steal.

ALL business and gov, do # 2 & 3

(cant count gifts or finding, not pro-active)

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

"There's an old joke ... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says - Boy, the food at this place is really terrible. - The other one says, - Yeah, I know; and such small portions. - Well, that's essentially how I feel about life"

Woody Allen, from the movie Annie Hall

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

People who got rich, either managed to 'extort' a lot of money from few people, or small amounts of money from a lot of people <_>

ah oh  ITS OK, IM pretty old myself.   do u use TS?  Did we speak ?

no, I don't use TS

• Like 1

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain.

• Like 5