Aerion Super Sonic Business Jet

ajnl

jet.png

Aerion
This is one beautiful aircraft. Still in development, it is a supersonic business jet.

Here is the link to the website: Aerion

1. Some specs planned for the aircraft:
  • Max cruise speed: Mach 1.6 (1960 km/h)
  • Long-range cruise: Mach 1.5
  • Boomless cruise: Mach 1.1 to 1.2; Boomless means that there will be no sonic boom from traveling higher then the speed of sound. Even though they are traveling mach 1.1 - 1.2, it is possible to delay the boom using advanced aerodynamics.
  • Max takeoff weight: 90,000lb (40823.3 kg)
  • Basic operating weight: 45,100 lb
  • Engines: Two PW JT8D-200 series
  • Thrust: Flat rated to 19,600 lb
  • Wing Surface area: 1,200 sq ft (111.484 sq meters)
  • Landing distance, wet runway: 3,460 ft (1054.61 meters)
  • Range (NBAA IFR): >4,000 nm
  • Ceiling (max altitude): 51,000ft (15544.8 meters)
2. Flight Times:
  • New York to Miami; Subsonic: 2:30, Aerion: 1:30
  • New York to Asia; Subsonic: 14:30, Aerion: 9:30
  • Dubai to Singapore; Subsonic: 8:00, Aerion: 4:15
  • Dubai to London; Subsonic 6:45, Aerion: 5:00
It looks like an awesome and interesting aircraft. It will hold about 8 to 12 people, remember this is a Business jet. The operating cost will be equivalent to many of today's large business jets.

sbj.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA8b_wHCFHo

• 2 months later...

This makes me happy in the pants.

I always intended on flying concord, but the cheap bastards went bust before I could afford a ticket. I will fly to Colorado in 10 minutes, get stoned legally, and be back in Washington DC by the end of the hour. Mark my words!

I wonder if they are using buckypaper for the frame and/or emi shielding, given that the savvy businessman doesn't want to be without his wifi ^^

This makes me happy in the pants.

I always intended on flying concord, but the cheap bastards went bust before I could afford a ticket. I will fly to Colorado in 10 minutes, get stoned legally, and be back in Washington DC by the end of the hour. Mark my words!

I wonder if they are using buckypaper for the frame and/or emi shielding, given that the savvy businessman doesn't want to be without his wifi ^^

There are companies who specialize in WiFi for business jets, I'm sure they'll work something out :P