MAC PC gaming

jwills112

you will simply not find newer games on mac, I don't even think the newer ones like COD ghosts and BF4 are on it. Steam will have most of the games available for mac, but you could always try running windows in mac, I think theres a program called bootcamp that lets you do that.

• Administrators

Macs are not created for gaming, they are more for video/photo editing.The only reason you have Steam support is just because someone at steam wanted to make some extra $$$. You can build couple of high end gaming PCs for one mac of comparable hardware.

• Like 2

well that explains everything, wish they made it so Mac's can run games better, but in my opinion Mac runs better then Windows for gaming because a had a windows that was so slow and lagged mostly when I played.

• Administrators

well that explains everything, wish they made it so Mac's can run games better, but in my opinion Mac runs better then Windows for gaming because a had a windows that was so slow and lagged mostly when I played.

Not true. Hardware is important. Your windows machine was probably build with pretty bad specs.

I've run windows since I had a PC, 95, 98, XP, 2000 for a short time, Vista, And now Windows 7.

I had loads of lag early on, slow loading, slow minimizing etc.. And after spending time to learn more about PCs, Joe is absolutely right. But that goes for any computer. A Mac with bad specs will run like crap too. But then again, does anyone build their own Macs?

I currently play all my games on the highest settings, with no lag, and I'm not even running the best system.

It might  be worth the time to learn a little about PCs, and build one specifically for all your gaming needs, and hang on to the Mac for all your graphic/music work. Virtually anyone that can read instructions, and knows which side of a screwdriver to use can build a PC. Or if you don't need the Mac, I'm sure you could find a buyer out there, and use the proceeds to fund your PC build.

you are not allowed to build your own Mac due to apple, they will sue you if you try and figure out what technology they use to build their phones tablets and computers.....seems like of BS in my opinion.

you are not allowed to build your own Mac due to apple, they will sue you if you try and figure out what technology they use to build their phones tablets and computers.....seems like of BS in my opinion.

Well that in itself is enough for me never to buy an apple product.

You can't build a mac the same way you can a pc, but you can customize them for performance. However, the performance or selection of games will pale in comparison to a good gaming pc. Maybe in a few years once Macs become a little more prominent in the gaming industry.

As Anti said, when you know little about windows OS, things can get a little bloated or run less than optimally. I constantly have to clean up both my parent's and my buddy's pc every few weeks. After a little practice and understanding, you can run it in beast mode and maintain it properly. My gaming laptop I've had for about 3 years and still runs pretty mint. :D

PC is master race!