Call of Duty Ghosts Multi-player Review

ReaperROS

Ok so I've had about 10 hours worth of multi-player game time in now, so this is my review.

First Off Rig

I'm playing on an older 2009 AlienWare  Area 51

Intel Quad Core Q9400 2.67 GHZ

8GB PC5200 RAM

ATI Radeon HD 7770 Ghost Edition 1GB DDR5 (Only thing I upgraded)

24" Dell LED

Graphics

The Graphics are hit and miss. You can have a great machine and still have horrible graphics. It seems the NVidia Cards are doing the best. The Max Framerate for PC is locked at 90FPS. The FOV is locked at 65, but there is a 3rd party mod that lets you adjust it. It seems as if the graphics are very poorly optimized. I'm quite sure 2 different studios worked on this game, one for single player the other for multiplayer. I've heard the Single-player campaign is beautiful and I'm downloading that as we speak. Overall I say the graphics are giving alot of people problems. I run the game using the Optimal Settings at 720P instead of 1080P, may try 1080P soon and see how it effects my FPS.

Gameplay

I actually don't mind the game play. I like the ability to vault over objects while firing. I like the sprint to slide. The weapons are nicely modeled and all weapons are unlockable from the start as are attachment, no need to rank up to use them. There is of course a catch, you must spend precious squad points to purchase weapons, attachments, perks, killstreaks, uniforms, etc... You get around 5 squad points per rank and 1 for completing challenges. If you're noobish and love wallbanging, this isn't for you. While there is bullet penetration its not extreme like say COD4. People seem to have no problem quickscoping. 

Audio

The audio is garbage, the weapons on COD4 sound better.

System Requirements

The game has steep RAM requirements and won't even start if you have less than 6GB. Someone ingeniously discovered that the game barely uses 2GB and they mad a MOD Patch for it that solves the issue.

Gametypes

I really only play hardcore and it currently has 3 gametypes; Team Deathmatch, Search and Rescue and Kill Confirmed

Overall

I'm actually happy with the game, the graphics could be better and I'm sure they'll release a patch. If you have any questions please feel free to ask .

iw6mp64_ship_2013_11_05_21_13_39_02.png

iw6mp64_ship_2013_11_05_21_13_44_37.png

iw6mp64_ship_2013_11_05_21_14_04_88.png

iw6mp64_ship_2013_11_05_21_15_18_25.png

• 2 weeks later...

Good review. I have had the game a day now and like you only been playing in Hardcore matches which seem well balanced and full at the moment. 

I have FX4170- 4.5Ghz GTX 460 1GB O/C 800. Runs fine but at lower res and medium graphics, started in 1680 x 1050 as seemed jerky. Playing at same resolution as COD4 (1280 x 1024) and graphics look great, yes better single player but multiplayer is good, well thought out menus, graphics, and maps, huge maps with lots of hiding places so usual slaughtering on occasion when you first play. Three classes of soldier then so many point to spend on guns and attachments in that class, not hard ranking up though to unlock more. The expensive ones are not always the best. 

It's no COD4, more like MW2 and Black Ops, console port but done well. My son plays with the xbox360 controller plugged into PC and is good. I prefer the keyboard/mouse, seems to suit both types of players. 

Recommend for a bit of fun.

• Administrators

I don't get the appeal of COD anymore, its the same as the previous one and one before that. On the other hand Battlefield has moved on and then some. Play one round of BF4 and you will never go back to COD again.