Public "Future Rig Upgrades" -thread

FinZeroX

So I was thinking that we could make a little topic for everyone planning on doing small upgrades on their computers. Like just a couple of parts or so on.

Then we could share our ideas and opinions or ask for help.

I will start by asking opinions about the monster 7990. It's on sale at the locat PC store and was thinking of getting one for my ITX setup. On top of that I'd upgrade my 27" 1440p IPS Crossover monitor to Qnix 27" 1440p PLS 120Hz monitor. It is said that BF3 goes up to 120Hz on full graphics 1440p on that beast of a card...

• Administrators

I would recommend a 780 over 7990, since ATi drivers are still buggy, and this is coming from an AMD fanboy. Also go for an Asus VG248QE, Qnix is just a shitty korean IPS panel that will break as soon as it comes out of the box.

I would recommend a 780 over 7990, since ATi drivers are still buggy, and this is coming from an AMD fanboy. Also go for an Asus VG248QE, Qnix is just a shitty korean IPS panel that will break as soon as it comes out of the box.

Well they made some improvements over the drivers, like fixing micro-studdering etc. Here's some of my reasoning:

• I like high-resolution monitors
  • I currently own a 1440p 60Hz monitor (Korean model from Crossover), wouldn't go back to 1080p
  • Korean monitors have proven to be just as good as branded monitors. The resellers pick out the broken. (Qnix is btw PLS, same panels which are used in Samsung branded monitors) I've bought 3 Korean monitors now, none of them were faulty (exept for the courrier smashing one at the elevator)
  • I'm on a budget -> Monitors over 400€ are out of question.

So pretty much going for the cheap&good Korean option to save money without cutting out features. The delivery is sometimes risky, but Ill take the chance.

-> As I'm going for the 1440p resolution, 780 becomes obsolete due to it being quite bad for high resolutions. For 1080p it's good, you got your point there.

This might clarify my target:

bf3_2560_1600.gif