silent maps: different versions?

cashew

Hi,

Here are some ideas that came to my mind while i was playing today, maybe others can add some opinions also about different maps to this same topic?

Fueldump: I personally like much more the version, where allies get forward spawn when they construct CP. Even then, it is very hard to win as allies for example in 10 vs. 10

Oasis: Is there maybe a version (or is it possible to change for the server?) with a shorter timelimit? If axis are better, it seems to be quite easy to defend, and for that, 30min is awfully long.. maybe 15-20min timelimit?

-cashew

Oasis is the most unbalanced map of ET history and all the developpers did the change that is add more timelimit.

I dont know how high they were when they did the map ; 2 ways out . A tiny breach in a whole that gets surrounded with arty mortar rifle nades nades mgs etc. A tunnel that ends with a lake of water that slows you and make it impossible to shoot the 3 axis that just entered it. This map is a allies slaugther.

Supply Depot: night version

Fueldump: desert version

Goldrush: Stopwatch version

Baserace: desert/snow version

Even when i like the version we already have, maybe we can change them for a short time and see if players like it.

Oasis is the most unbalanced map of ET history and all the developpers did the change that is add more timelimit.

I dont know how high they were when they did the map ; 2 ways out . A tiny breach in a whole that gets surrounded with arty mortar rifle nades nades mgs etc. A tunnel that ends with a lake of water that slows you and make it impossible to shoot the 3 axis that just entered it. This map is a allies slaugther.

the key to this map is solid teamwork by the allies. smoke screens and well placed arty in conjunction with skilled engs and medics.

the key to this map is solid teamwork by the allies. smoke screens and well placed arty in conjunction with skilled engs and medics.

And key to success for axis is just randomly shooting at the samd point for 30 min :D

It 's winnable with teamwork but still unfair :P

Seriously it was 10v11 last day , allies had an extra player and !howfair was like +8 for allies and we still got owned , I couldn't even get past the wall a nd im a pretty fast mover.

Did i ever mentioned how annoy that map can be for allies when an axis player is using mortar and know pretty well the way spots???

That remind me Gogobronceranger, who i think he is using some kind of cheat for mortar.

Did i ever mentioned how annoy that map can be for allies when an axis player is using mortar and know pretty well the way spots???

That remind me Gogobronceranger, who i think he is using some kind of cheat for mortar.

This guy is a mortar demi-god lmao.

Wouldn't surprise me , I heard of cheats where u could drop a cam on the ground , riflenade aimbot + cam on the nade , everything is possible.

And key to success for axis is just randomly shooting at the samd point for 30 min :D

It 's winnable with teamwork but still unfair :P

Seriously it was 10v11 last day , allies had an extra player and !howfair was like +8 for allies and we still got owned , I couldn't even get past the wall a nd im a pretty fast mover.

But that happens on every map with few chokepoints on crowded servers, most maps are just not made for 20+ players. Stock oasis is easier for axis and that is the usual scenario with that amount of players :D but it can also go the other way around if 10 allies are through and camp the exits.

Maps, Maps, more new maps? Unless I have missed something there all old. DD just put a few more maps on silent one that I know, problem I see with maps isn't that we put more on, its the same ones getting voted on. Which really gets old.

Get rid of the voting cycle, setup a map rotation and go from there., end the map and go to the next. The warm up time is really not needed 5 secs is plenty. Spawntime is to long, 8 seconds is fine, it would get rid of campers at chock points.

Maps, Maps, more new maps? Unless I have missed something there all old. DD just put a few more maps on silent one that I know, problem I see with maps isn't that we put more on, its the same ones getting voted on. Which really gets old.

Get rid of the voting cycle, setup a map rotation and go from there., end the map and go to the next. The warm up time is really not needed 5 secs is plenty. Spawntime is to long, 8 seconds is fine, it would get rid of campers at chock points.

And make it jaymod and rename it jay5.....
  • Like 2

And make it jaymod and rename it jay5.....

36335059.jpg

I believe that reason one of the reason why many people play in Silent 1 is for the maps and his votation system.

Supply Depot: night version

Fueldump: desert version

Goldrush: Stopwatch version

Baserace: desert/snow version

Even when i like the version we already have, maybe we can change them for a short time and see if players like it.

Woo great your suggestion! + Italy

whoa you still play cashew? where the hell ya been. and i second the notion to take away voting and put in a solid rotation. but leave them spawntimes alone. what would be cool is if the spawntimes were the same everytime like in et pro. much easier to spawn kill  :camper

whoa you still play cashew?

Heh, always when i can :). Lately i've been kinda busy with my studies, but there should be more time for important things (et...) again after the summer :).

I was not suggesting "more maps"; instead, i would like to replace some maps already on the server with other versions :).

I support the idea Maximo Decimo pointed out: maybe we could put the other versions to the server for a while and see if ppl like them more than the originals?