This is what I have done

Eggtato

@Apple: download/install cod4 player from the interwebs, and then I think you can see it. Not sure if you have to have the game or not, but I guess prolly not.

Okay then answer me this you guys.  I have the COD4 player installed, but to view a file through it I have to save the file from here to my PC.  Before I do that when I double click it in the forums, it ask if I want to view or save.  When I click either option my winrar or my zip progarm opens. As will all the demos lately I get the same error message that the file is corrupt or that it faild to extract all componets so I cannot view it in the player or through the game consol. 

Any advice you can give me on this is appreciated as I can't seem to pinoint the problem.  I've dowloade other zip programs and they all do the same thing.  I have not tried downloading them from another browser outside of IE8.

Do you have a zip file converter or the rar frog? I have winzip and when you started posting rar files, I had to get the rarfrog. I was getting the corrupt file error trying to open rar with winzip.

Btw..... congrats to Wolfie on posting his (our ;) ) first ban report today.

• Like 1

You guys open these via console? 

I've always found it easier to drag the DM1 file onto the COD4 player icon on my desktop (it doesn't move the file). It launches it instantly.

Do you have a zip file converter or the rar frog? I have winzip and when you started posting rar files, I had to get the rarfrog. I was getting the corrupt file error trying to open rar with winzip.

Btw..... congrats to Wolfie on posting his (our ;) ) first ban report today.

Thanks Docwarren

Below is what I get when trying to open or save the zip file so I never get to the DM1 file.

!   C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\9COFYGIJ\Wolfie[1].zip: The archive is corrupt
!   C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\9COFYGIJ\Wolfie[1].zip: The archive is corrupt

I checked it through Firfox and it downloads fine as well as the drag and drop to the player icon.  Why does IE8 have to suck so bad.  You know there are certain things on the fourms I don't see in IE8 like the filing of a ticket.  I have to go to Firefox to do that too becaue I can't see the options needed.