Copy...its like dropbox

Hey everyone, so I don't know if you use dropbox or something like it (example: box). But there is another one called Copy.

It does the exact same thing dropbox does, it installs a folder that you can put files into. This then gets sync'd to any other device (computer, phone, tablet) that has Copy installed. this makes it easy to keep things sync'd up.

Anyways, if you sign up now you get 15GB free and if you follow the link I posted, then we will both get 5GB more free space if you make an account and install the folder.

Here is the link to follow for Copy: https://copy.com?r=pUQEKc

======

Also, if you want to get a dropbox account (it is also free), you can follow the next link and we can both get from space from dropbox too.

Link to follow for dropbox: http://db.tt/EAQO7DY

what about spam advertising? does "Copy" sends messages full of waste?

i have this problem with dropbox. it sends emails to my googlemail account and campaign for their products.

i have this problem with dropbox. it sends emails to my googlemail account and campaign for their products.

check your settings, u can make it so they don't spam u :)

• 4 weeks later...

Why not use SSH? With SSHFS you can achieve a lot. Personally I use WinSCP for simplicity. But if you configure it well, you can even use svn/git/mercurial/etc over SSH for both good storage and well secured and not really harder to use. And actually, I think you can even set up FTP over SSH as well.

Anyway, I'm rather happy about Skydrive. Yes, MS reads with me, but since I don't store everything on Skydrive I don't worry about it too much. The only exception could've been papers to publish, but those are by now already 'public'/published. With an integration to my phone, perfect :)

I love dropbox and copy works the exact same way. it is simple and easy. i dont rlly like skydrive, doesn't work as well in my opinion.

but anyways, to each their own. i was just putting it here if anyone was interested in getting it.

Why not use SSH? With SSHFS you can achieve a lot. Personally I use WinSCP for simplicity. But if you configure it well, you can even use svn/git/mercurial/etc over SSH for both good storage and well secured and not really harder to use. And actually, I think you can even set up FTP over SSH as well.

I use SFTP with a GUI. I tunnel into my account when needed on my server.

PuTTY ftw ^^

What I do to stop receiving spam emails is simply scrolling to the bottom of the message and click "unsubscribe" or something similar. You should try that.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems pretty decent. Thanks for sharing. Now i have 20 GB. ;)

Ah so it was you, I got an email saying that I got 5gb more. Thanks! :)