Out Of Place Artifacts

PHANTASM

The Antikythera Machine is an OOPA, an Out Of Place Artifact. It was found in 1901 off the coast of the Greek island of Antikythera. It is an instrument for determining the precise positions of stars and planets, similar to a Swiss clock. It indicates that the Greeks may have been far more advanced than previously believed. (No aliens involved).

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_4.htm

all it indicates is that the extent of mathematical and astronomical knowledge and the degree of manufacturing skill ( at least the height of such skill; even in its day the artifact could not have been a common object ) is greater than what the historical record shows.

this isn't surprising in the least, considering JUST ABOUT ALL ANCIENT GREEK knowledge of physics, engineering and astronomy had been collected in the library at alexandria, and there destroyed. the historical record is VACANT in large part due to the hoarding of all the documentation of their knowledge in one place, where it was subsequently destroyed.

being shocked by the existence of the artifact is something like finding your diploma without report cards as supporting evidence. "how did they possibly graduate?? we don't see any grades for the year so they must have been stupid. obviously aliens taught them how to pass their exams."

all it indicates is that the extent of mathematical and astronomical knowledge and the degree of manufacturing skill ( at least the height of such skill; even in its day the artifact could not have been a common object ) is greater than what the historical record shows.

this isn't surprising in the least, considering JUST ABOUT ALL ANCIENT GREEK knowledge of physics, engineering and astronomy had been collected in the library at alexandria, and there destroyed. the historical record is VACANT in large part due to the hoarding of all the documentation of their knowledge in one place, where it was subsequently destroyed.

being shocked by the existence of the artifact is something like finding your diploma without report cards as supporting evidence. "how did they possibly graduate?? we don't see any grades for the year so they must have been stupid. obviously aliens taught them how to pass their exams."

It's still an amazing device, fifteen hundred years ahead of its time.

Yes we know their books were all burned at Alexandria, one of history's greatest tragedies.

I never said it had anything to do with aliens, I said "no aliens involved". That was just Gravedigger playing with you :)

So are you Thor or ||||| or Connection now?

Here is another OOPA, this one is far more controversial. Consider the Greek device above just a starter topic compared to this one: the nuclear site at Harappa, India. It is an ancient village 8000 years old that has high levels of radioactivity.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/bestevidence.html

A nearby crater also has high levels of radioactivity, notably Uranium 235 - depleted uranium.

rsbqbr.jpg

With the apparent discovery of this radiated area, parallels were quickly drawn to the Mahabharata, the Indian epic, which indeed speak of doom and destruction. It reads:

... (it was) a single projectile

Charged with all the power of the Universe.

An incandescent column of smoke and flame

As bright as the thousand suns

Rose in all its splendour...

...it was an unknown weapon,

An iron thunderbolt,

A gigantic messenger of death,

Which reduced to ashes

The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

...The corpses were so burned

As to be unrecognisable.

The hair and nails fell out;

Pottery broke without apparent cause,

And the birds turned white.

After a few hours

All foodstuffs were infected...

....to escape from this fire

The soldiers threw themselves in streams

To wash themselves and their equipment.

You might be interested in Giza Pyramids

some other interesting links

link 1

link 2

http://tv- links.cc/redir4.php?l=aHR0cDovL3ZpZGVvLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vZ29vZ2xlcGxheWVyLnN3Zj9kb2NJZD0tNDQzMTAwNjkyNzkzNjQyMTg3NiZhdXRvcGxheT0x

copy and paste this whole url into your web browser.

Edited by Methuselah

That zeitgest movie was interesting.

I don't believe the pyramids were built by humans, or I should say that I have not seen or read any believable evidence that explains how it is even possible to build them. The Japanese tried to build a replica in the 1970s and could not complete it, even using modern technology such as bulldozers and helicopters. The rock cutting technique is more precise than anything we can do today, and the rocks weighed over 2 tons each, and were carried many miles over sand and a river.

The later pyramids were inferior copies of the Giza Complex.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_the_Japanese_attempt_to_rebuild_the_great_pyramid

|||| = Connection. thor is my brother =)

the radiation level in hiroshima retruned to normal levels after only about 1 year.

SOURCE

so even if there was a nuclear blast 8000 years ago in mohenjo-daro, how could the skeletons still be radioactive?

you can downlaod the mahabharata here:

Mahabharata

try saving the zip text file and searching it for the quote int he post above.

i didn't find the quote. =\

am guessing it was completely made up.

the area of pakistan/india where harappa and mohenjo-daro are found are pretty close to nuclear power plants, dumping grounds and established nuclear weapons testing sites for both countries. i wouldn't be surprised to find that they are not nearly as strictly and safely controlled as plants and dumping sites in europe and the united states, which would explain the high levels of radioactivity in the entire area and the number of cases of tumors, birth defects and other radiation-linked illnesses.

i searched and found plenty of pictures of excavations in pakistan at the harappa site, and at mohenjo-daro, but didn't see anything like fused glass ( this happens to SAND in intense heat, not to CLAY or to FLESH btw ) or any reference to anything like that from any of the sites of actual archaeologists working at the site.

i found pretty much the same text as the link phantasm posted, copy/pasted on 30 or so sites. there were no references to sources or any photographs showing anything like what the text claimed.

i found this nice rebuttal page tho:

ITS A BLOODY HOAX MATES

as the author of that post points out, it makes for a good half-hearted red herring to draw attention away from possible poor management of nuclear waste by both india and pakistan.

It is a controversial artifact!

Uranium 235 is a waste product of uranium processing. Uranium ore (as the hexafluoride) is centrifuged to remove the heavier U239 for weapons and reactors, and the U235 is dumped or used to make armor-piercing anti-tank shells. Iraq is heavily polluted with depleted uranium from US munitions, and many soldiers and civilians have been poisoned by this heavy metal.

The circular crater (the Lomar Crater) certainly "looks" like a crater from a hydrogen bomb test, but it could be a meteor too.

The site I linked points out that there are reactors nearby and that many people think this may be the source of some of the isotopes.

One theory is that the Indian government is using the ancient myths to cover up dumping of nuclear waste.

Another theory is that a radioactive meteor created this crater, leaving stable radioactive isotopes behind. Consider that the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs sprayed radioactive Iridium all over the earth which can still be detected today, and is used to provide a timepoint for geologists. So radioactive isotopes can persist for millions of years in some elements.

I find the idea of ancient peace-loving Hindus nuking each other rather amusing, in a cynical way. Sort of like medieval Christians or modern Muslims attacking each other for heresy because of minor variations in their faith.

That zeitgest movie was interesting.

I don't believe the pyramids were built by humans, or I should say that I have not seen or read any believable evidence that explains how it is even possible to build them. The Japanese tried to build a replica in the 1970s and could not complete it, even using modern technology such as bulldozers and helicopters. The rock cutting technique is more precise than anything we can do today, and the rocks weighed over 2 tons each, and were carried many miles over sand and a river.

The later pyramids were inferior copies of the Giza Complex.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_the_Japanese_attempt_to_rebuild_the_great_pyramid

The Giza Power book and website is about engineers that recently went to the Giza pyramids and made scientific observations, measurements and etc... They believe that the pyramid worked as some form of power plant and that it was built with tools more advanced then those that exist today. There are some pics of hieroglyphs in which appear to be tools that are advanced and depictions of extra terrestrials.

I am sure you know about the 7 ancient wonders but each is very interesting.

If you haven't heard of Newgrange it is very interesting : “The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC, meaning that it's approximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates, it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.â€

here are pictures: Newgrange

Here is info on Newgrange: Wiki Newgrange

Edited by Methuselah

A nearby crater also has high levels of radioactivity, notably Uranium 235 - depleted uranium.

Um, U235 is fissile uranium, depleted is U238.

Hit U238 with a slow moving neutron and it will be U239 for a few microseconds and then a neutron will decay, kick off 5 gamma units, 3 beta particles and 2 alpha particles.

The product of the neutron decay is a proton and another orbiting electron thus it becomes Pu239.

The isotopes U236 & U237 also exist for a few microseconds each when the occasional U238 kicks off a neutron.

(4 years working in a nuclear fuel rod manufacturing plant)

Edited by Brightenstein

Um, U235 is fissile uranium, depleted is U238.

Hit U238 with a slow moving neutron and it will be U239 for a few microseconds and then a neutron will decay, kick off 5 gamma units, 3 beta particles and 2 alpha particles.

The product of the neutron decay is a proton and another orbiting electron thus it becomes Pu239.

The isotopes U236 & U237 also exist for a few microseconds each when the occasional U238 kicks off a neutron.

(4 years working in a nuclear fuel rod manufacturing plant)

My bad. These things get confusing.

I knew 239 was Plutonium, I don't know why I wrote "U239".

The U235 I actually thought was the depleted uranium. I thought 238 was the good stuff.

My bad. These things get confusing.

I knew 239 was Plutonium, I don't know why I wrote "U239".

The U235 I actually thought was the depleted uranium. I thought 238 was the good stuff.

My physics tutor at the plant was an ancient PhD that actually worked on fat man and little boy. lol

Although you sill could not convince this guy that black holes exist.