Brewing Beer

gibson66

I'm more of a stout or hefeweizen guy, I kinda avoid the more hoppy beers. I made a half-decent wheat beer a few months back that ended up with a citrusy flavor for no apparent reason. You?

I always try to make an 7-8° beer (pale and stout).

I only use malted barley (pale, cara, black...), hops, yeast and sugar (brown too)..

All ingredients i can find locally  (hops and yeast), i buy it at brouwland.com.

I've stopped using aromatic ingredients because i don't like the tastes given.

I'd like to be close to Belgian beers (Triple Karmeliet, Chimay...)

• Like 1

I always try to make an 7-8° beer (pale and stout).

I only use malted barley (pale, cara, black...), hops, yeast and sugar (brown too)..

All ingredients i can find locally  (hops and yeast), i buy it at brouwland.com.

I've stopped using aromatic ingredients because i don't like the tastes given.

I'd like to be close to Belgian beers (Triple Karmeliet, Chimay...)

Two of my favorite beers there. I'm looking into homebrewing and have alot of really good homebrewers in my area (Northern Cal).

Just a question..how to you guys control the fermenting temps? Also do you have any good books to recommend?

And do any of you use Untappd?

While the brew is fermenting, we usually stick it in the corner of the basement (no light, usually a steady 58-62 degrees). I've seen no real benefit to keeping it in the fridge.  My goal is to make a bavarian wheat beer that's like an ayinger bräu weisse, but I can't get the right yeasts.

I was lost. You speak in Farenheit degrees...

I brew 20 Liters (5,3 Gallons US) in ambiant temperature. It lasts 7 days and could reach 30°C (86°F).

• Like 1

I brew some, but I'm a noob at it :D. I use the Mr. Beer 2 gallon kits. I'm a big fan of hops and usually try to go with IPAs.

I brew some, but I'm a noob at it :D. I use the Mr. Beer 2 gallon kits. I'm a big fan of hops and usually try to go with IPAs.

And the result is good ?