Google sued in U.K. for allegedly boosting its own services artificially in search results

sincity

Google Search Practice Lawsuit
A small Internet company in the United Kingdom has filed a lawsuit against Google (GOOG) for allegedly promoting its own services ahead of the competition in its search results. Streetmap, an Internet maps provider similar to Google Maps, claims that Google’s "cynical manipulation of search results” has resulted in its products becoming “harder to find," Bloomberg reported. In addition to a similar suit that took place in Brazil last fall, Google is currently being investigated by the European Union over it controversial search practices. A Google spokesperson declined to comment, telling Bloomberg that he hasn't seen Streetmap's complaint.URDDtIP1GWo

View the full article

• Leader

Sounds idiotic to Google 'Streetmap' when there's Google maps.

It can be fun.  Their camera caught my neighbor talking on his cell while standing in his driveway.  I will have to print that pic as I think they (gasp!) don't have computers.