Aliens VS Predator (2010)

daredevil

It looks like the PC multiplayer demo is available through steam, if someone wants to try it out and let us know how it is....that would be great.

It looks like the PC multiplayer demo is available through steam, if someone wants to try it out and let us know how it is....that would be great.

Ask and I might deliver.

Ok, 3 different classes, only played 2 of them, but from what I can tell, one has an insanely high learning curve against all other classes, and the other will get owned in less than 2 hits half the time.

The Predator seems by far the cheapest and most overpowered class out of the 3. In every game I have played, the winner was always a predator, and always by 10 or something kills. It has 2 ranged weapons with surpringly low cooldown, low cooldown with melee attacks, capable of blocking and countering melee attacks, invisibility, health regeneration with energy, highest melee damage, highest weapon damage, explosives, high jumping, heat vision, and is one of the two classes capable of a stealth kill. Also can have speed boosts. Supposedly a predator can't see an alien with heat vision, but you get raped anyways because any predator worth half a grain of salt can spot an alien a mile away. Heck I could spot the aliens as a f***ing marine.

Alien can climb on walls, ceilings, and overall gets you confused as f*** as to which direction is up or down, though after a while you realize that doesn't matter. It can stealth kill, regenerates health after a while, has second highest melee damage, can pounce, can use its tail for semi close range attacks or to poke out lights, and has some type of vision where you can see people through walls within reasonable distance. This is the most agile class out of them all, and the one with the highest learning curve. Little to no range, relying completely on stealth and team tactics, which you can't get because there is no team mode in the demo, your greatest hope at getting a kill is through a stealth kill, which everyone (meaning every marine) knows, so they glue there ass to a wall and camp like a b*** half the time. 1 alien stands fairly even against 1 marine. 2 aliens will butt f*** him before he realizes what the f*** was going on. But Predator could probably trump 3 aliens at once and still have time to snack on a marine or two.

And finally the marine. A pretty much all range class, will get butt f***ed fast unless you think fast and aim faster. No stealth kills, and if there is you'll likely never know because you're essentially the b*** for the other two classes unless you work together, which you can't in the demo (biggest fail right there for me) You have a fairly large amount of weapons at your disposal. A machine gun, a grenade launcher, a pistol, a shotgun, flame thrower, a sniper rifle, an auto aiming minigun, mines, and regular grenades are the only weapons I've seen in the game so far. Then again, I haven't lived for over a minute as a marine, so large amounts of the map are unexplored. Reason? You start with only the machine gun and pistol. Of course, this is the class you pick if you want a L4D feel but with more of you getting butt raped instead of the other way around. A nice little adrenaline pumper is the UAV ish thing you get in the corner of your screen. Beeps when it detects an enemy and shows a dot on the radar. However, it's only infront of you, so you whip around a lot and ultimately get scared shitless before the alien/predator butt f***s you when you finally think you're safe. If the Marine was in prison, he'd be the prison b***.

Overall, if you get the game, never play deathmatch. And if you do, pick predator, or you're f***ed. If I'm going to buy the game, it'll be for the team game modes.

thanks for the visuals malo!!!! sounds like a revamp of the AVP2 game I already have. I owned as an alien in that game, so I think I may pick this one up sometime and see how the single player plays out (AVP had a pretty creepy single player game, actually it was 3 single player campaigns in one since you could play as pred, alien, or marine). let me know if anyone else picks it up, if there are team matches (there were in AVP2) I think we could have some fun (if I remember correctly, most team matches were 3 way between species).

• 4 weeks later...

I can't find the demo anywhere. I thought I had it, but it was the old version from 2001.

Steam had it up but took it down and now they only list the full game for $49.99. I won't buy a game I haven't played, lol I've got a box full of crappy games I got for birthdays and Christmas that I played once or twice and went back to ET.

So, no demo, no purchase. :(

I will probably now just get it off a torrent and if I like it, then I will let my wife get it for me for Father's Day, and then I will have a clean key and play online. Until then, it's single player version or himachies for me.

There are a lot of mixed reviews (I like that phrase "mixed reviews", it means something sucks to most people but a couple people liked it). Here is a good thread on it from some players:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/02/04/aliens-vs-predator-2010-demo-now-available-on-steam/#comments