Jay1 Goomba Award (January 2013)

b0rR*4cHo

First, it was not my original plan. It was a leader's idea that others from Jay1 agreed was a good idea.

There already has been one other competition for mine kills started btw.

I understand that the symbol does not appear out of nowhere. No I did not ask those people if they are willing to make such an award and add them to the profile of the winner before I started such a topic. Who is and I will kindly ask them. Since it is being brought up further about the award, instead of making it an ET symbol, what do you think about making it a little goomba?

I was not aware that I needed to ask Daredevil for permission to create an award such as that. In fact I was not even expecting an award to be given. It was really more of a thread where the player with the most of a specific kill gets recognition.

If an award cannot be made then at the end of the moth I will post a picture of a goomba with the winners name next to it.

As you can see there is already activity on them showing interest by a number of players. Part of our duties as admins are to actively make suggestions for the betterment of the community. These awards create a healthy competition among admins, server regulars, and newbies. These competitions could help in making new players to jay1 become regular players on our servers and bring new community members to our forums. Creating regulars allows for a greater pool of players to be recruited helping to grow our community. Our community stays strong by recruiting new individuals and through new ideas.

Is there something wrong with creating the award?

BTW 14 people have shown interest in these awards already and they have been posted for a little more than a day not counting the mine killer of the month (making post / 135 viewed this topic alone)

=

Community involvement and activity

Im in on this competition, this is will be very interesting

i think there should be a most creative kill award too. someone almost knifed me from the tower yesterday

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kODERqceF4M&feature=youtu.be

(this doesn't count though, this was way too long ago but Ill intimidate the big corporations with this)

• Like 1

First, it was not my original plan. It was a leader's idea that others from Jay1 agreed was a good idea.

There already has been one other competition for mine kills started btw.

I understand that the symbol does not appear out of nowhere. No I did not ask those people if they are willing to make such an award and add them to the profile of the winner before I started such a topic. Who is and I will kindly ask them. Since it is being brought up further about the award, instead of making it an ET symbol, what do you think about making it a little goomba?

I was not aware that I needed to ask Daredevil for permission to create an award such as that. In fact I was not even expecting an award to be given. It was really more of a thread where the player with the most of a specific kill gets recognition.

If an award cannot be made then at the end of the moth I will post a picture of a goomba with the winners name next to it.

As you can see there is already activity on them showing interest by a number of players. Part of our duties as admins are to actively make suggestions for the betterment of the community. These awards create a healthy competition among admins, server regulars, and newbies. These competitions could help in making new players to jay1 become regular players on our servers and bring new community members to our forums. Creating regulars allows for a greater pool of players to be recruited helping to grow our community. Our community stays strong by recruiting new individuals and through new ideas.

Is there something wrong with creating the award?

You can make any competition you like with your friends and regulars. The difference with the mine kills is, that Yellow said "post your highest kills here" and you claimed that there is going to be an award without asking anyone first. That's why I asked what you will give the winner and I was only surprised that you assumed it is going to be a tiny symbol in your profile.

To make it more consistent with Yellow's post it will become more of an ongoing competition where you post once you have beaten the person with current highest score. As for an award I will be building a giant goomba on the minecraft creative server and the person with the current highest score will have their name implemented with the statue.

It's 3d btw

post-7065-0-80363400-1358722958_thumb.jpg

I might try to make mario stomp above the goomba.

I think its pretty awesome... what do you think?

• 1 month later...

Im in on this competition, this is will be very interesting

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kODERqceF4M&feature=youtu.be

(this doesn't count though, this was way too long ago but Ill intimidate the big corporations with this)

Uhm, Holy Shit.