World News for 14/01/13

ApfelGanja

- France launches airstrike in Mali to ease intervention via ground force. Many fear that despite assurances that this will be quickly resolved, France has gotten itself stuck in a lengthy conflict.

- Madrid rallies against privatised medicals. Thousands protested in Madrid against the bill to privatise public hospitals in order to cut costs.

- Gunman opens fire on Greece's New Democracy Party HQ using an AK-47. Thankfully the building was empty and no one was harmed but one round was fired into the Greek PM's office.

- Hundreds of thousands of Parisians protested against the gay marriage law proposed by French president Francois Hollande to be passed later this year that would also allow gay couples to adopt children.

- Iran stages a 'modern warfare' drill in Straits of Hormuz claiming their military capability is growing and the State is ready to counter any threat. The drill was practice for honing battle tactics.

I should follow the information more often, didn't even know about the airstrike to Mali... but from what I read, few chances that the conflict gets solved quickly. Especially if they want to "eradicate the terrorism"

About gay marriage, still don't get why people are against it, but it doesn't surprise me, there will always be intolerant people in France. About children adoption, I'm not sure that 2 fathers or 2 mothers constitute a good atmosphere for the child and it will probably influence child's sexual orientation, but I believe it's the only way for them to get a child, considering that surrogacy is forbidden in France, I don't know, I personally think that it's definitely not good for the child so I'm rather against. Imo if the law is set, it should be more regulated than for heterosexual couples.

• Like 1

I should follow the information more often, didn't even know about the airstrike to Mali... but from what I read, few chances that the conflict gets solved quickly. Especially if they want to "eradicate the terrorism"

About gay marriage, still don't get why people are against it, but it doesn't surprise me, there will always be intolerant people in France. About children adoption, I'm not sure that 2 fathers or 2 mothers constitute a good atmosphere for the child and it will probably influence child's sexual orientation, but I believe it's the only way for them to get a child, considering that surrogacy is forbidden in France, I don't know, I personally think that it's definitely not good for the child so I'm rather against. Imo if the law is set, it should be more regulated than for heterosexual couples.

Point taken. I understand your opinion, but then again having heterosexual parents will also probably influence a child's sexual orientations to being heterosexual.

0.o A man with man or a woman with woman is not by the way of nature and in NOT good for child they adopt. Try to understand intimate issues. Official gay marriages should never take place and gay couple should should never be allowed to adopt children.

Point taken. I understand your opinion, but then again having heterosexual parents will also probably influence a child's sexual orientations to being heterosexual.

Ofc it does, and that's normal. Excuse me, but human species is basically heterosexual, all the species are made and evolved to survive, and homosexuality isn't viable in that case. Homosexuality is not "normal" to resume, hope I won't offend anyone by saying that. Now, homosexual parents could educate their child by telling him that's not normal, but I bet that few will...there are ofc reasons behind that, but I'm not here to talk about psychology :) And the child won't understand why the parents of his comrades aren't like his parent, it may cause some problems between the parents and the kid if he's too young...

Ofc it does, and that's normal. Excuse me, but human species is basically heterosexual, all the species are made and evolved to survive, and homosexuality isn't viable in that case. Homosexuality is not "normal" to resume, hope I won't offend anyone by saying that. Now, homosexual parents could educate their child by telling him that's not normal, but I bet that few will...there are ofc reasons behind that, but I'm not here to talk about psychology :) And the child won't understand why the parents of his comrades aren't like his parent, it may cause some problems between the parents and the kid if he's too young...

I see what you're saying. It could also lead to bullying of the kid with homosexual parents. And yes I understand that we are naturally heterosexual like most (if not all, although I'm sure there are a few homo dolphins or monkeys) species are but then again we have learned to think and make decisions for ourselves regardless of what nature/gods/whatever intended. But I rather leave it at that and not have a heated debate.

I see what you're saying. It could also lead to bullying of the kid with homosexual parents. And yes I understand that we are naturally heterosexual like most (if not all, although I'm sure there are a few homo dolphins or monkeys) species are but then again we have learned to think and make decisions for ourselves regardless of what nature/gods/whatever intended. But I rather leave it at that and not have a heated debate.

A debate in which all the participants are respectful is actually enjoyable and interesting I think :P

Go against nature is ok if you choose to do so...go against nature because you underwent others influence isn't so good, but it's my opinion again :)

A debate in which all the participants are respectful is actually enjoyable and interesting I think :P

Go against nature is ok if you choose to do so...go against nature because you underwent others influence isn't so good, but it's my opinion again :)

Once again, I get you. That is one thing we do not agree on. What do you think about the privatisation of the medical institutions in Spain?

Once again, I get you. That is one thing we do not agree on. What do you think about the privatisation of the medical institutions in Spain?

I'm not informed enough to have an opinion about it....why did they privatize those medical institutions? To spare/earn money?

I'm not informed enough to have an opinion about it....why did they privatize those medical institutions? To spare/earn money?

Well SPain has 26% unemployment (same as Greece) and about 3.2% decrease in GDP in 2012. So I'm pretty sure it's to save money.