Need a new planet? Lucky for you, amateur astronomers found 42

brynne

Need a new planet? Lucky for you, amateur astronomers found 42

2B39C93D787CC3A7D07A20899448_h316_w628_m5_cMGyqGDHC.jpg

The 40 volunteer amateur astronomers behind Planet Hunters have made a startling discovery by closely examining data from a NASA spacecraft. They've found evidence of 42 alien planets, including one the size of Jupiter (that's 120 times bigger than Earth) that could "potentially be habitable" as it falls in the "Goldilocks zone." (Not too hot, not too cold. Cute, right?) Fifteen other candidate planets fall into this life-sustaining range, and the Planet Hunters are awaiting official confirmation from professional astronomers (who are doubtless sending really condescending emails about "Thanks for your interest in our profession; we’ll take it from here.") The rest of us can start planning our outfits/escape plans now for the inevitable alien invasion.[Source]

• Like 2

I havent explored yet all new things and adventures in the farm. Would go back there with my family in due time :)

Some thoughts to ponder.

An American investment banker was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellow fin tuna. The American complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

The Mexican replied, "only a little while."

The American then asked why didn't he stay out longer and catch more fish?

The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs.

The American then asked, "but what do you do with the rest of your time?"

The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life."

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually NYC where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But, how long will this all take?"

To which the American replied, "15-20 years."

"But what then?"

The American laughed and said that's the best part. "When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions."

"Millions.. Then what?"

The American said, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your family and amigos."

let try to repair our planet before starting to destroy other..

Sorry..but I had to laugh when I read this comment, if your still driving a vehicle that uses fossil fuels and or haven't become self sufficient ( totally living off the grid ) you haven't made any commitment to start the repair cycle.

How many thousands of gallons of oil does it take to put that cell phone in your pocket. The labor driving back and forth to work, mold injection for parts and packaging, shipping either by boat or plane, That's just to get to the country where its being sold, were not even at the store yet, lol

I would love to move onto the next planet, just as long as no one brought a cell phone with them. lol

^^ you had to laugh...in fact i dont drive and i never did...and yes i have a cell phone...but i have one for many years ...maybe it dont have fancy things on it like the new generacions but it serves my needs...im not like this new style of buying buying buying just cuz its new...for that as for many things in life...trying to respect the planet its a usefull thing that we all should comite and not laugh at it...like you did...it cuz of mentalitys like that ..that we have a beautiful planet but shity for so many things...just cuz ppl like to buy,spend and trow away as fast as the new version comes out...(for many things not only Cell phones).

for example reciclage do you do it....i think not but its a simple gest that would help...but no ppl just laugh at it...the time they spend laughing they could use it in a usefull way..

i dont llive with unusefull things,just with what i need to live.

before judging,try to know the ppl