graphics card

synopsis

Hello,

i want ask that will my PC be able to support rad-eon h 6670 1gb ddr3/ddr5

Motherboard-

• Manufacturer: MSI
  • Form factor: uATX 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 21.8 cm (8.6 inches)
  • Memory sockets: 2 x DDR2
  • Front side bus speeds: 800/1066/1333 MHz
  • Processor socket: 775
  • Expansion Slots:
    • 1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card
    • 2 PCI Express x1 slots
    • 1 PCI slot

Processor-

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400

• Operating speed: Up to 2.8 GHz
    • Number of cores: 2
    • Socket: 775
    • Bus speed: 1066 MHz

Memory

2 GB

• Amount: 2 GB
    • Speed: PC2-6400 MB/sec

Video graphics

Integrated graphics using Intel GMA 3100

• Integrated graphics using Intel GMA 3100
    • Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards

Hardisk-500gb

well i want to ask that will my pc will be able to support it....max tdp for hd 6670 is 63 watts and that of mine pc is 65Watts

but i'm not sure about my gpu powersupply this graphic card wants 450+ watts but i dont know mine

so plese tell me about it(and dont tell me to open my pc :) )i want to play games like gta4 and blackops 2.

Edited by synopsis

Really DO need more info, like your PSU, and if you don't KNOW IT, then yeah hate to tell you, OPEN YOUR PC ! and find out what you have.

IF your system was a STORE BOUGHT PC (something you didn't put together) they usually skimp on the PSU and you'll most likely have a cheapo 400 watt PSU or less in there, and a new one would be recomended for a new GPU and any OverClocking you might try ...

But ... also a Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.8 GHz, I guess WILL meet the MINIMUM SYSTEM Requirments for those games, but keep in mind ALL settings will have to be at lowest possible and even then it may be choppy and your FPS will be low. :unsure: So while it WILL play ... you might not really enjoy the game play ?

I assume your budget doesn't allow for much more of an upgrade than that new Graphics card ? depnding on what your situation is though, you might be better off putting it off and saving up more money to get yourself a new rig in the future, your hardware is already about 3 or 4 years past it's prime, and it might not really be worth spending a whole lot of money on a new GPU and PSU as well IF you need one ?

Last year ... I updated / upgraded my Old socket 775 motherboard rig, with New Quad Core CPU, full RAM, new GPU, new HDD, new Power supply, etc ... but by the time you spend that $400-$600 ... you STILL have an OLD Computer, and that money might be better invested in NEWER tech ! :thumbsup

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

lolz i really dont know what gpu i have by the way can you tell me price of these graphics card in india-

sapphire/xfx hd 6770 1gb ddr5

sapphire/xfx hd 6670 1 gb ddr5

nivida 440 gt 1gb ddr5

radeon 7750 1gb ddr5

hd 5770 1gb ddr5

and also tell how to know about psu voltage.....my pc is compaqcq3070il.....

Edited by synopsis

find out what version PCIe slot you have too. The compaq website does not state which version it is.

http://h10025.www1.h...product=3945069

mobo specs only states: 1 PCIe 16x

does not state whether or not it is a 2.0

Doesn't matter

Both will work ^^

And with this GPU bandwidth won't be a problem.

So you have THIS ?

presario-sg3340il_wb_350x263.jpg a COMPAQ Presario CQ3070IL

SPECs = http://h20000.www2.h...rodTypeId=12454

This is your MotherBoard ... c01701253.jpg

It will support ONE PCI-e x16 1.0 Graphics card ... and while a 'newer' HD-6670 PCI-e x16 2.0 GPU will work, its performance levels will not be as good, because your Motherboard and CPU will 'bottleneck' the overall performance. Also an HD-6670 will run you about $60-$100 here in the USA ... and going by the INTERNET only, in India about = Rs.5,712.33 whatever that is :embrass

and the Power Supply Unit is ONLY a 180 WATT unit ... NOT ENOUGH for any ADD-ON GPU Card really, you'd have to buy a new PSU. A good quality 500-680 watt PSU will run anywhere from $40-$100 as well.

You'd also want more RAM, though you can only add UP to 4 GB. You'd be looking at about $45 to $65 there ...

And hate to tell you I think your CPU Chip already IS the BEST one that this MotherBoard will be compatible with, so ... meh ... IMO not really worth spending much to upgrade THIS Rig.

Honestly ... you might not like hearing this, but IMO, I wouldn't spend that kind of money to upgrade an already OLD and severly LIMITED computer system just to play a couple games.

I see you're only 16 ... but I would suggest SAVING up your money and consider a completely NEW System down the road, the money will be better invested long term, IMO ! :embrass

... even the HD-6670 Graphics card is already an out dated GPU, the 8xxx series are about to come out in anoter few months, and the AMD Drivers are barely supporting updates to the 6xxx series cards. Trust me, I spent almost $400 on my HD-6950 about a year and a half ago, and the last 2 recent AMD driver updates while making the 7xxx series cards kick butt over the nVidia cards, they did nothing to help, in fact made worse, the 6xxx series cards. So I might even have to upgrade my GPU again soon. :cry

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

Also when you have some office desktop you have to take into consideration the physical dimensions of graphics cards. Mid-range\high end graphic cards are really long and high, not to mention the vents on them. With newer and more powerful PSU theres hardly the problem, but even when the PSU meets the power requirements high-end graphics need 2x 6(or even 8pin) power connectors.

Also check the airflow of graphics cards and in your PC. My HD6950 blows air back on drives and CPU, which can cause some problems(need more powerul CPU cooler). Bascily theres 2 types of ventilations in graphics, one which blow all air out, and one which blows air out of both sides. the latter one would require the case type where air intake is from down side and air blows out from up and sides.

And I don´t get where you´d need 4+ giga of RAM. With 2gb on graphics card 2 giga of RAM is more than enough for gaming.

but on my bios i saw that i have three options PCI,onboard and PCIE so i think that i have pci 2.0x16 slot.....hmmm yes i dont have that much money to spend..... :( and also this according to site i have these expansion slots....

• Expansion Slots:

• 1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card

• 2 PCI Express x1 slots

• 1 PCI slot .

Edited by synopsis

synopsis,

If I were in your situation, and wanted to play those games, and not over spend upgrading an old computer rig ... I guess I'd do the following ;

- You'll NEED a new Power Supply Unit, you'll want something in the 450 - 600 watt range.

$(KGrHqYOKiwE15Rlp1Z3BNlCivTbKQ~~_12.JPGhttp://www.ebay.in/itm/Cooler-Master-Extreme-Power-460W-/200875909953?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item2ec5232341 = Rs. 2,660.00

- You'll WANT / NEED a new GRAPHICS CARD, and AMD cards tend to be cheaper ... so something like an HD-5770 (HD-6770 & HD-7770's are rebranded newer versions, but mostly same card.)

140.jpghttp://www.ebay.in/itm/Sapphire-AMD-ATI-Radeon-HD-7770-GHz-1-GB-GDDR5-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-HD7770-/170971609161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item27ceb3b849 = Rs. 9,250.00

IF that fits within your budget then that should I think get you playing gta4 + blackops 2, maybe not at HIGH settings but at least playing them ... Hope that helps :thumbsup

http://www.gta4.net/news/4135/recommended-pc-specifications-for-gta-4/

+

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2012/11/11/black-ops-2-system-requirements.htm

NOTE: Though not sure about BLOPS 2 ? claim is minimum is Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz and not sure your Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.8 GHz will work or not ? :dntk

synopsis,

If I were in your situation, and wanted to play those games, and not over spend upgrading an old computer rig ... I guess I'd do the following ;

- You'll NEED a new Power Supply Unit, you'll want something in the 450 - 600 watt range.

- You'll WANT / NEED a new GRAPHICS CARD, and AMD cards tend to be cheaper ... so something like an HD-5770 (HD-6770 & HD-7770's are rebranded newer versions, but mostly same card.)

Nope, the 6770 is indeed a rebranded 5770 (well, same design but smaller and less power consuming if I remember correct)

The 7770 however is NOT...

It's a GPU based on the same architecture as the 7970 (being the Southern Island/Graphics Core Next architecture)

In benchmarks is performs the same as the 6850 (or even out performs it a bit) with a lower power consumption...

Just pointing that out, agree with the rest :P

Source (well not really, just a link :P): http://en.wikipedia....ds_(GPU_family)

Edited by DrJoske

i dont have that much budget only 150$ and in that i want to buy a new gpu,gc and 2 gb ram which looks pretty impossible for me so i would only upgrade my gpu and gc.....yes what do u thnk do i have a pci 2x16 slot.....and one more thing i went on some gpu power supply calculating sites and i putted my syrtem specs including pci 2x16 slot and it told me i would have around 270+ watt power supply so im really confused and for graphics card 6670 on game debate it shows that with 4gb ram and this processor it can run at high settings with this gc.....and for 6770 i thnk i wik not be able to buy it because my pc have max tdp of 65 watts and it require much more than it.......