Server masterlist

b0rR*4cHo

Question

3 answers to this question

Quoted from http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=1625627

Hi,

Just thought I'd share with everyone the solution I found for server lists not showing in multiplayer, as it seems that quite a few people are experiencing this problem. I managed to resolve it on my end using the following steps:

Punkbuster update

For some reason, the Steam version doesn't include the latest version of Punkbuster. This will cause the 'Punkbuster is disabled' message when the game starts.

To resolve this, go to http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php, download the zip file and unzip. Make sure it is saved to your COD4 PB folder.

Run pbsetup.exe and select Add a Game. Add Call of Duty 4 and make sure the game path is correct.

Once this is done, make sure you click 'Check for Updates'. Punkbuster should download and install the latest files for COD4.

Server list filters

Open up the Filter Servers list and play around with some of the different settings. Namely, try changing 'Hardcore' to none, 'Friendly Fire' to none etc. Click Ok and then click Refresh List. If servers do not start showing, change the Game Mode from All to Team Deathmatch, Free for All, etc. Just play around with everything and something should show up. Once servers do appear you can reset the filters to the default settings.

Turning off Steam Community overlay

Punkbuster does not like the Steam Community overlay functionality (using Shift+Tab in-game to bring up Steam). If you have it enabled, you usually get booted from a game after 5 minutes. Turn it off in the Settings > In-Game > Enable Steam Community In-Game

Hope all this helps. smile.gif