Connection Issues

Midnight

Question

My problem that I am having does not only apply to COD but to any other online multiplayer game that I play (i.e. L4d, L4D2)

When I connect to the game and begine playing all is well. However within a few minutes into the game I lose connection and thus am forced to leave the game (or in the case of L4Dam returned to the lobby). I try connecting and playing again but the issue occurs again and again and has done so for about a week and half.

I have updated my drivers, run security scans (somehow got a trojan horse a while back so I want to always check), reinstalled steam and looked on the web for solutions, but have yielded nothing that works.

Any help rearding this situation would greatly help.

Much thanks! :)

4 answers to this question

Yes

:app:

Here you are again posting absolutely useless things in support topics (and in apps as well). I sent you a PM yesterday asking you not to post in application threads, I guess I should have included support topics that you have no useful/relevant information to share as well.

I get the feeling you're trying to test our patience or perhaps looking for some attention. It's not cute, and if you're not careful you will get more of it than you bargained for. Issued a warning, keep it up and you will likely have your ability to post disabled for a while.

In regards to Midnight's issue You might check your firewall settings and be sure that there are exception rules for set for the games and if there are already, you might try deleting them and making new ones. Since it seems to only be happening during live game play that seems like the culprit to me. Otherwise I would run WinMTR while playing, run it on the server IP and see what kind of packet loss % you're getting and share it here, someone who is good at reading them might be able to tell you what your problem is. Like SiN pointed out, if you're getting frequent connection drops (though it wouldn't be limited to just gaming but is possible) it could be linked to your ISP.

WinMTR: 32 bit 64 bit

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 1

this is pretty far fetched but i hade in wow similar problem all other games were fine expect wow problem was blizzard didnot support 3g connection so they dropped me out after few min could this be what your having if your using 3g connection.