first map

Scooter

hey i downloaded GTKRadient and made my first map. i dont have any objectives or anything yet but i wanted to load it and run around to check the scale of corridors, ladders, doors etc. so i tried to host my own game and load it but i can't find my map. i made it into a pk3 and all. im probably missing a step some where can some please tell me how to get my map onto Wolf so i can jump around in it? Thanks

did you just do save as? I believer you need a separate program to compile all the texture etc into the pk3.

or this link shows you how to use the .zip thing to make pk3.

PK3 guide

thanks man im getting closer. i put the files in place and did "devmap mapname" in console and it tells me i need to set my gametype to 2 so i did "/set gametype 2" but its keeps giving me the same thing. is it something i have to do the the map itself? also in the .pk3 i put the .map .prt .bak .bsp and the folder with 4 tga files that went in etmain then the .map by itself went into the map folder in etmain is this correct?

thanks man im getting closer. i put the files in place and did "devmap mapname" in console and it tells me i need to set my gametype to 2 so i did "/set gametype 2" but its keeps giving me the same thing. is it something i have to do the the map itself? also in the .pk3 i put the .map .prt .bak .bsp and the folder with 4 tga files that went in etmain then the .map by itself went into the map folder in etmain is this correct?

when u set up your server you need to specify gametype to 2 i believe along with pure server 0 :hmm

You have to put the yourmap.map in the pk3 in the folder "map" :

I'm sorry you just need to put the yourmap.bsp (the others extansions files are used by gtk to compile the bsp file -> you can play your map just with "Q3Map2:(single)BSP -meta", "Q3Map2:(single)vis" -> for shadow for entities like door, "Q3Map2:(single test)-light -faster" -> compile the lights (you need the tga files in the pk3)).

The tga file are used for the light (you need to compile lights to use it)

In a french tutorial they said to use to test a map :

sv_pure 0

g_gametype 2

devmap yourmap

But for me i just need to do the devmap command (may be already done).

If it don't work report the error message.

• 4 weeks later...

hi just looking through the map threads i have completed a map.

with 2-3 dyno main obj, a bunch of secondarys, done the md3 models , dot product2 terrain texturing and all the works so if you have any problems i can most likely help.

as far as the previous posts its best to edit a separate shortcut on your desktop , i use the following in the target box of the shortcut on my windows comp

"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +g_gametype 2 +sv_pure 0 +g_warmup 5,

another big sticky point most run into is if the limbo freezes make sure the map cords are set in the worldspawn entity .