Star Trek Into Darkness - Official Teaser (HD)

Novice

any thoughts?

Yes, your not a treky then. I watched it on black and white television w/ a nob to turn the channel that was in 68 same year my sis was born and the first season was in 66. Has it been that long, lol.

Yall don't have to be old to be a treky but if you have the opening dialog memorized you might be.

“Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.”

Live Long and Prosper.

Yes, your not a treky then. I watched it on black and white television w/ a nob to turn the channel that was in 68 same year my sis was born and the first season was in 66. Has it been that long, lol.

Yall don't have to be old to be a treky but if you have the opening dialog memorized you might be.

“Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.”

Live Long and Prosper.

I do miss the color wheel colors on the rocks. Did anyone catch the reference to the green girl in ST2009? You would have to see the original and listen to what Bones says then. Then again in the one where they were confined to the ice planet and he got interested in that alien that was a male. Check it out, and then listen to what Bones says in that scene. You will put it all together.

Here is something that you Trekkies may not know. You know if you separate your fingers with two space two it means the Vulcan sign of hello/goodbye. But do you know

what it means if you have your fingers like this: finger _ finger|finger_finger (the opposite)?

It is the Romulan sign for : Eat shit and die

The next time someone gives you the Vulcan sign then return the Romulan sign to him. :lol2:

Live Long and Prosper.

I have only seen a few episodes of the original series (that was long before I was born and it's not like they still air those episodes). I was mostly referring to the style thats visibile in TNG, DS9 & Voyager. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fan sites speculate that the villain is Gary Mitchell, not Khan. Gary Mitchell was a friend of Kirk's in The Original Series. They were classmates at the Academy and served on the Enterprise together. Mitchell was a Lt., I believe. In the episode, the ship encounters some phenomena that changes Mitchell and a female crew member, giving them ESP and strength and resistance. Their egos go out of control and Spock advises Kirk to kill them. Instead, Kirk abandons them on a planet. In the final fight, Kirk shoots Mitchell with a phaser rifle (yes, rifle) but the guy is not hurt. So Kirk shoots a rocky overhang and Mitchell is buried. Presumably dead. Yeah right. The comic book has a storyline or two with Mitchell vs. Kirk after this all happened, I think. However, the identity of the villain we'll meet in May 2013 has yet to be officially revealed.

• Like 1