BAD wireless firmware version!

Glyphz

This is just a heads up

If you have a wireless router by Cisco Linksys x2000 do not! upgrade to v2.0.04 (Annex A, B)

Even if you wondering if you need to upgrade your wireless router remember there might just be a bug in it

Recently I just upgrade my router to the newest firmware. First thing I noticed is that I couldn't login to my yahoo account, the login screen would just reappear blank, like I never logged in. After doing some research and thinking back to what I did before I had this problem. I finally found out what was causing the problem which was the firmware I downloaded. The funny thing is on Cisco's support site, they don't have the link to downgrade back to previous version. So who ever downloads it is stuck in the mud...well...lucky someone on the Cisco forum had a link to downgrade. it's a good thing that I could search the web, If I couldn't I would of been ******. I also did try to reflash it with the same version and it work for a while but some sites didn't work properly(like fearless-assassions.com).

basicly what the bug is

Infinite "login loop" where the sign-in box continues to reappear

If you try to login to any website login page would reappear, or you'll get a blank white page

clearing cache and cookies will not fix it

trying a different browser will not fix it

a factory default will not work, power cycle wont fix it

the firmware blocks cookies from storing

just be cautious of what you download, specially for your new users or someone who trys to keep programs up to date.