Syrian refugees

ApfelGanja

Syrian refugees in Lebanon now exceed 100,000 people! As of Monday the official number is 101,238

Lebanon is now 3rd behind Turkey (101,834) and Jordan (105, 737).

In other related news,

Syrian jets have struck a town held by the rebels in an attempt to re-open key supply routes, according to activists.

From this we can gather that a UN-proposed ceasefire is increasingly less likely to happen this week.

For me UN got to act like the did with libia...they call ceass fire's for almost 2 months and nothing happen ...ppl continue to die..and for sure it will not stop till something is done..

• 2 weeks later...

For me UN got to act like the did with libia...they call ceass fire's for almost 2 months and nothing happen ...ppl continue to die..and for sure it will not stop till something is done..

The UN is useless.

• Like 2

The UN is useless.

Indeed. All their months of meetings and waiting and resolutions and debates barely solve anything. I think the last time they did something was when they joined the US in destroying and bombing North Korea to bits. The Security Council isn't of much help either considering every country on the council has the power of veto...

The UN has grown past it's usefulness, it was great when it was created - it worked well at the time, but modern days have made it basically worthless.

Just another League of Nations

• 5 weeks later...

the US has placed Patriot missiles in Turkey, facing Syria. Syria is sort of busy with the civil war I don't think they will attack Turkey anytime soon and even if they do, Turkey has a massive and quite well equipped and well trained army. Attacking Turkey would be suicide for Syria. Also, Patriot missiles are OFFENSIVE not DEFENSIVE. Guess we'll wait and see.

Syria shoot down a US drone (UAV - successor of the U2 spy plane), most probably controlled/sent by the joke that is the CIA. US deny sending the drone, which personally I find hard to believe.