The War Z

Corey

WarZ is a similar game to DayZ which I'm sure most people have heard of by now. It is a survival PVP MMO RPG FPS&3rd person view where you have to eat and drink to stay alive while trying to not be killed by zombies and other human players.

On October 15th Alpha testing started for Warz.. I believe they gave away a few hundred keys, but also let people in if they spent 29.99 or 49.99 as a pre purchase. 19.99 got you in on October 31st. Those prices were valid until today... So I am expecting them to be raised at any moment. Anyways... I wasn't going to purchase the game before I at least played it in beta, but bought it anyway *sigh* lol. It is pretty funny, but I am sure they still got quite a bit of work to do on it.

Was wondering if anyone bought it or had planned on it. What are your thoughts on it?

Since i did pre purchase it I got 3 free guest passes that can be used on the weekend of the 31st.

One is reserved for blade if he wants it

and I owe joske a beta key since he hooked me up before if he wants one as well.

Means I have another one if anyone is interested. I think Forsaken may have an extra one as well, but we will see. Just remember its only for the weekend of the 31st.

http://thewarz.com/

Edited by Corey

Yeah, I want one :P

Didn't want to buy that game until dayz launches. Already have too many zombies games to begin with ^^. But I sure want to try it.

btw now we are at beta keys anyway.

Does somebody wants one for primal carnage (dino vs humans game)

They somehow send me 2 :P

I started playing Dayz back in May and I love the game. I bought ARMA II just to play it, and the psychology of the environment and the exposure to other players is phenominal. No other game compares imo. I know that my brother, a friend, and I will be playing a bunch this weekend. I saw a bit of play on WarZ and it looks like DayZ with L4D graphics. I recently watched a review by FRANKIEonPCin1080 and he didn't give it great reviews. Here's a link to the youtube vid.

Personally, I'm just going to spend my money on the DayZ stand alone because I already know i like it.

I was really close to buying arma2 to play dayz, but never went through with it. Warz seems to have the same concept to it though.

Hope after they get done with the updates to warz it will be a nice game with all the bells and whistles. I watched that review you posted sleeping dog and I believe he was pretty much right on with a lot of his opinions. It does sort of feel like a team deathmatch server because all the other players seem to be out to kill you :( Only thing I seem to disagree on was the water situation. I have yet to find a weapon in the game, but have found tons of water and food lol. Bad luck....maybe :P

I do have 2 "guest passes" left if anyone wants them send me a pm. Blade already has the game so that freed one up.

Edited by Corey