★ Xfire 2.0 Release ★

Levi

Original Link: http://blog.xfire.com/post/32401647614/xfire-2-0-alpha-preview

You may remember that with the release of our last skin - Symbiosis - we announced the upcoming Xfire 2.0 client. We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but we wanted to keep you updated on where we’re at.

We’re currently in the first alpha phase and are aiming for closed beta to start later in the fall. Join the Xfire Beta team for early access!

So WHAT IS Xfire 2.0, exactly?

In a nutshell, Xfire 2.0 is:

• Familiar for existing users. Most current features will be supported, with key functionality brought into the forefront. We’ve added the much requested games tab, where you can quickly see what your friends are playing and launch a game.

• Easier to use. Key features are more intuitive and accessible which makes it easier for you to use. Information is no longer tabular requiring you to resize columns and/or the client to find what you’re looking for. Instead, information has been organized into tiles formatted to best deliver the most relevant information to you - be it text, thumbnails, box art, or avatars.

• Thinner. The tiles eliminate the need for the side drawer allowing the client to retain its utility and usability while maintaining a thinner profile.

• Ubiquitous. With Xfire 2.0, the Xfire In-Game overlay (XIG) will be reworked based on the kind of game you are playing. For point and click games like WoW or LoL, XIG has been designed to be an ever present addition to the game’s HUD. You can move it wherever you like. For Mouse Look games, like FPSs, XIG will be hidden until called up with a hot key.

• Consistent. The UI is now as consistent as possible, both in and out of the game. We’ve broken this rule when it made sense; but generally speaking, unless it negatively impacts your game’s performance, everything you can do out of the game, can be done in the game.

• Evolving more quickly. We’ve made a split between back end core functionality the front end UI elements making updates easier and faster, while also opening up the possibility of mods/add-ons from the users within the Xfire community.

Okay, but why is it taking so long?

Xfire is a massive, living product. We don’t want to negatively impact the millions of users like you who rely on Xfire to track their game hours and talk to their friends. In addition to the split in client UI and underlying tech, we have also cleaned up the way data is stored and managed - a lot of “under the hood” work, if you will.

We want to be clear that this is just the beginning. After the launch of the new client, we’ll be shoring up the voice and chat features, beefing up presence, and rolling out a ton of new features. So, stay tuned, stay in touch, and keep letting us know what you think through User Voice, the Beta team and any other way you can think of!

~Xfire HQ

Well, don't think I will get my multiple login :(

The only thing I want

The rest I don't use or I don't care about (maybe new skin and remove that annoying call button => such bad place for it)