HTC chief blames company’s woes on long, pointless meetings

Corey

HTC CEO Email

HTC (2498) CEO Peter Chou has a message for his employees: stop blabbing, start working. Bloomberg reports that Chou sent out an email to employees complaining that “we have people in meeting and talking all the time but without decision, strategic direction or sense of urgency,” and he also said that when HTC employees did decide to do something, they “either didn’t do it or executed it loosely.”

Chou went on to say that in order to turn HTC’s fortunes around, its employees needed to unshackle themselves from the culture of bureaucracy and just get things done regardless of whether they’re done exactly according to company rules and regulations.

“Don’t let the processes, rules and norms to impact our important goals,” he wrote. “Of course we have to follow certain rules and criteria but don’t let small things kill the major goals… Please make sure that we kill bureaucracy… Stay firm with the hero innovations and make them even bigger and deliver them.”

Read

BjRHanrMflE

View the full article

• Like 1

That may be, but I sure like my htc evo...and it's one thing to say you want employees to take the initiative, but if I was working there I dunno how I would differentiate between a rule that was petty and a rule I would be expected to follow. It's a hell of a thing to ask employees to take risks like that in the current economy.