Adobe Flash Player Issues...

For the past week i've had a green screen of death whenever i've watched a video on youtube, or any other site that uses Flash. "Causes browser to crash"

I uninstalled & reinstalled it several times, it works for awhile but it comes back either a few hours later or even after a few minutes.

Old versions of Flash don't work since the sites i go to require the current version. No help from other websites either.

Any ideas?

post-3743-0-21939700-1344669185_thumb.png

post-3743-0-75918800-1344668985_thumb.png

This might not be it, but try disabling hardware acceleration if it's enabled by right clicking on the video and going down to settings and unchecking it in the display tab and refresh the page...might not work but since updating and uninstall/reinstalling it hasn't worked for you it's all I could think of :\

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 2

I had this same exact problem as well. I installed Flash like 10 times, restarted etc.... I even quit playing Frontierville because of it lol (Gives me more server time in the morning though :D )

A Google search came up with the same results as GI Joe said. There was a problem with a new version of flash, so to fix it, just uncheck "enable hardware acceleration" And you'll be good to go.

OH and occasionally I saw that green box after disabling hardware acceleration, so once a video starts playing and it's green, Skip ahead about a minute, let it run for a second, then start over and that should work if you have any further problems.

It's been several months now, and I no longer see the green box, and all Flash videos/games work fine for me at this time.

Edited by Antichrist

This might not be it, but try disabling hardware acceleration if it's enabled by right clicking on the video and going down to settings and unchecking it in the display tab and refresh the page...might not work but since updating and uninstall/reinstalling it hasn't worked for you it's all I could think of :\

Seems to have worked, now i can remove the Adobe uninstaller from my desktop >>

Thank you :)

I had this same exact problem as well. I installed Flash like 10 times, restarted etc.... I even quit playing Frontierville because of it lol (Gives me more server time in the morning though :D )

A Google search came up with the same results as GI Joe said. There was a problem with a new version of flash, so to fix it, just uncheck "enable hardware acceleration" And you'll be good to go.

OH and occasionally I saw that green box after disabling hardware acceleration, so once a video starts playing and it's green, Skip ahead about a minute, let it run for a second, then start over and that should work if you have any further problems.

It's been several months now, and I no longer see the green box, and all Flash videos/games work fine for me at this time.

I just tried to google "Youtube green screen", nothing useful came back. I had Black screens in the past & i'd do what you do by skipping ahead to fix it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...