The time is right for Airbus to expand in America

Ark.!?

source:http://www.airbus.co...-united-states/

"In a major strategic announcement today ( 2 july 2012 ), Airbus said it will establish a manufacturing facility in the United States to assemble and deliver A320 Family aircraft. Located at the Brookley Aeroplex in Mobile, Alabama, it will be the company’s first U.S.-based production facility. Airbus stressed that the assembly line, which will create jobs and strengthen the aerospace industry, is part of its strategy to enhance Airbus’ global competitiveness by meeting the growing needs of its customers in the United States and elsewhere.

The facility in Alabama will assemble the industry-leading family of A319, A320 and A321 aircraft. The company said construction of the assembly line will begin in summer 2013. Aircraft assembly is planned to start in 2015, with first deliveries from the Mobile facility beginning in 2016. Airbus anticipates the facility will produce between 40 and 50 aircraft per year by 2018." [...]

Good news

Edited by Ark.!?

Really, they decide to expand and make more stupid A319 - A321 aircraft. What ugly airplanes, honestly. lol Just saying

Its cool that they are expanding, dose Boeing have a place in Europe?

A319 - A321 family are the most popular aircraft , they are not so stupid

French minister:

"nicole Bricq, the new Minister of Foreign Trade who spoke of reciprocal trade might consider an implementation of Boeing in Europe"

A319 - A321 family are the most popular aircraft , they are not so stupid

French minister:

"nicole Bricq, the new Minister of Foreign Trade who spoke of reciprocal trade might consider an implementation of Boeing in Europe"

Actually, I think the Boeing 737 is the most popular (best selling also). Either way, they are pretty much the same airplane. Not much different.

I think both the Boeing 737 and Airbus A320s are ugly and stupid. The Airbus A380 is way cooler. I also like the A340. For boeing, the 747 and 777s are my favorite.

And i'm pretty sure the Cessna 172 is also one of the most popular aircraft. Just because it is popular, does not make it a good aircraft.

I prefer Air bus over that Boeing crap

LOL, are you kidding me? Boeing is a much better company and aircraft manufacturer.

The reason why has less to do with the quality of the engineers. Both Boeing and Airbus have very good Aeronautical Engineers. The difference is in the companies' philosophy. Boeing believes the Pilots having more control over the aircraft and Airbus likes to have the computers in control more than the pilots.

This is one of the reasons an Airbus crashed why landing, the on board computer automatically pulled the velocity way too low. They ended up crashing in the forest well before the runway.

Look at the Boeing 747 for example, that is the best civil fixed wing aircraft you will find.

All in all, both companies make good aircraft. But their philosophy about having a computer make critical decisions or the pilot make critical decisions is what makes the difference.

Edited by ajnl