Help with punkbuster

Swedish Mafia

Question

I am trying to download Punkbuster on my Mac OSX. I went to www.evenbalance.com and clicked on COD4, then I clicked "PBsetup" and did the "type in these letters in the box then press download" so i did that and downloaded Punkbuster. The problem I have is getting it to work? I dragged the download to "Macintosh HD" and put it in my Call of Duty file holder. The file of Punkbuster is called "pbsetup/23-15-23-142.tgz". I double clicked on it and hit 'Open" that made another file called "pbsetup.run" I double clicked on that and the first thing that came up was 'this is your first time running Punkbuster click Ok to move on" or whatever is said. Then I clicked the license agreement thing so of course i clicked on I agree. Now I have seen some tutorials on how to do this. So after I agreed, so the whole thing on choosing your game and that stuff never came up. What did was similar. On the top it said "Game Game Path Client Version Server Version. And it would not let me click on any of them???? If any of this was not clear please just ask me. I would appreciate any help i get =) Btw i am not very good with computers so please leave it simple minded. Thanks!!!!

8 answers to this question

Hello,

When you updating the cod4 via that pbupdate software are you running it as administrator?if not right click the icon and press Run As Administrator. and still if it don't you will have to update manually,

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-cod4.php

Regards,

Adrian

Krauersaut I did what you said and ever thing when right. But when I got onto a server it kicked me off saying I need to update my Punkbuster??? Is there anything I might also have to do???

Yes, you might need to apply the latest update manually:

Works fine if you download the following three files and into your installation. Right click on the links and select Download Linked File As....

For the Mac App Store version:

• Close the game
  • Download mc002301.mac to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4/pb/dll/
  • Download mc002301.htm to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4/pb/htm/
  • Download ma001407.htm to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4/pb/htm/

For the Retail version:

• Close the game
  • Download mc002301.mac to /Applications/Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty 4 Data/pb/dll/
  • Download mc002301.htm to /Applications/Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty 4 Data/pb/htm/
  • Download ma001407.htm to /Applications/Call of Duty 4/Call of Duty 4 Data/pb/htm/

Hello,

When you updating the cod4 via that pbupdate software are you running it as administrator?if not right click the icon and press Run As Administrator. and still if it don't you will have to update manually,

http://www.punkbuste...age=dl-cod4.php

Regards,

Adrian

Completely irrelevant as this has nothing to do with OS X.

Um There is no Call Of Duty in the applications? It is in macintosh HD is that where i should put it?

Then you most likely have the retail version and dragged it to Macintosh HD instead of /Applications. Adapt the path then.