Life in a Day

BoomStick

IMDB

Rottentomatoes

Wikipedia

Trailer:

[media=]

[/media]

On July 24th 2010, Ridley Scott (director of Gladiator) and Kevin MacDonald (director of Last King of Scotland) asked the people of the World to record and document their lives on that single day, getting them to answer a few simple questions:

What/who do you love?

What do you fear?

What do you have in your pockets?

These then were submitted to YouTube, effectively becoming the first movie created using this website. What they got back was over 4,500 hours worth of footage from 80,000 clips, which was submitted from 192 countries - essentially all but two countries took part. It was then up to Kevin MacDonald and a team of editors to cut down this mammoth number into something manageable - and they did it. It then received a live screening on YouTube, also becoming the first ever movie to do so, before airing in the cinemas last summer.

What you see will probably be the funniest, scariest, saddest and most entertaining movies I have personally seen in recent memory - there's happiness and sadness, joy and depression, birth and, unfortunately, death (the Love Parade stampede took place on this day), and the amazing differences that exists in our world (with the What do you have in your pockets? question, an American reaches in and pulls out the keys to his new Ferrari, while later an African reaches in, pulls out his pockets and reveals he has nothing).

Probably the most amazing thing about this movie is that it doesn't come across as preachy or bringing across any form of message - it is merely saying, "This is our world. Here it is".

I cannot recommend this movie enough to people.

Here are some teaser clips -

[media=]

[/media]

Slim up!

[media=]

[/media]

Ron

It should be worth saying though, that there are some clips in it that are really hard to watch and could make for some potentially uncomfortable viewing. Thankfully the rest of the movie makes up for this.

I watched this on Netflix a few months ago. Really good. I wouldn't call it a movie tho. Not even quite a documentary...but it was a great film nonetheless :D