IP Camera

Alright, I'm going to start by saying if this is the wrong section, please move to the right one. Thought this was the best area for my question.

I have a Foscam FI8918W and I have it working over the wireless internet. BUT to view it from outside my network I need a static IP. But we all know here in the US we don't really have those. I need a DYNDNS website that offers them for free. Does anyone know of a reliable DYNDNS website that offers them for free? I was told DYNDNS.Org but it is $20/year and I don't feel it is worth that much for using it 1-2 times a week. Thanks for the help!

Wow, I have not looked at DynDNS for a while they really have buried the free version (I am still not sure it exists anymore). I was going to recommend that one, but I guess not. No IP looks pretty good or here are a couple more.

http://www.dnsdynamic.org/

http://www.zonomi.com/

Does your router support a dynamic DNS? I think most of them do anymore, it makes it a lot easier to run as opposed to the PC client.

It seems my camera will only accept DDNS from Oray.org, DYNDNS.org and 3322.org. Oray and 3322 are both in a language I don't understand, and the provided link from Krauer for the free just eventually asks me to pay for it... Nobody wants to work with me today.

Beedub, my router only has an option for DDNS through DynDNS.com

post-2618-0-71091800-1336334121_thumb.png

Edited by Krayzie

Problem solved. For anybody trying to use the free service you have to sign up for the "14 day pro free trial" and create your host name. Once you cancel your free trial you get to keep 1 free host name. Thank's Krauersaut for pointing that out!

/Locked