jon bones jones v rashad evans ufc 145

ReedLAb

so, we got jon bones jones, and his 84 inch reach style of muay thai kickboxing and unorthodox judo/wrestling vs. the powerhouse wrestler-turned fast-combo boxer in rashad evans.

personally, i believe rashad's core is too strong, meaning bones will have a tough time taking rashad to ground if he merely shoots for a single. the only way bones is gonna get rashad to the mat is by tripping or throwing him in the clinch--precisely where rashad does not intend to be. i'm sure rashad will find that distance where he's inside the pocket of bones where he can utilize his superior speed and boxing to effect--lyoto almost achieved that before getting caught with 2 stiff jabs.

i think bones has good long-range striking and is of course deadly with his knees in the clinch. he's obviously got a good guillotine and submissions (he transitioned into a crucifix against matyuchenko way better than rashad did against phil davis); however, i think bones is susecptible to leg kicks and to higher-calibre wrestlers, i.e. rashad.

should be a competitive fight but i think the superior athleticism and youthful fear-nothing attitude of bones will triumph over the bitterness and jadedness of rashad. we've yet to see bones get his chin truly tested and we already know rashad has a susceptible chin, (besides lyoto he got badly stumbled by ramapge and thiago silva, who i expect to be KTFOed by the deadly swede in gustafsson.

what do you guys think?

also, i'm picking jonny hendricks over kos, and anderson silva over chael, and shogun over rampage, and gsp over condit.

would love to see frankie drop to 45 and challenge aldo.