Dallas Tornados

docwarren

Was an interesting day today here in Dallas. Had a tornado heading right toward my neighborhood, but it veered off to the east. Wife & kids locked down at the school and I was bunkered in the closet.

i have a kid cousin there...my uncles youngest son, well, he only has two. one is like 27 or sumthin and the one in Dallas is about 14. i pray him and his mom are safe. it will be a sad sad time if we cant contact them soon. seriously.

EDIT: btw, glad you guys are safe Doc

Edited by Achiyan

Would a closet do much good? Well, it's good to hear that you and your family are safe.

We don't have basements (well most don't) in North Texas. The closet under the stairs is the best place on a 2 story house. The triangular shape is the most sturdy of shapes. Plus is that it is an interior closet on the 1st floor. Any small beamed boxed construction (such as a closet on a 1 story house) is the most likely to survive intact. When all of us are home, we don't all fit and I usually hunker down in the interior bathroom next to the closet while the wife & kids are in the closet. 2nd best spot and just one of my sacrifices for my family. I am usually "rewarded" by the wife for this manly sacrifice. :hug:;)