COD4 - Install 1.6 and 1.7

Dan

Thanks for the in-depth guide Dan, I appreciate (read: needed) it. :P

I definitely wasn't trusting the advice I found after googling it which simply said 'copy, paste, patch, done.'

EDIT: After doing everything Dan did Vista users need to copy the contents of this folder C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\ and replace the contents of the 1.7 folder (right next to it) with them in order to keep your profile/preferences/controls/ etc.

Edited by Artisan

nice tutorial Dan ... :thanks

for my self I using multi patcher like ET style so i can switch between all servers version (only 49MB) I didn't test it yet cos still playing on 1.6 and my dvd installation is already 1.6. but since we had little 1.7 server finally I can test it.

for update I'll suggest to big mama and all of you, when MW2 is out, that we update the tdm server to 1.7, and let players choose between join new game or stay on cod4 but with latest update 1.7 :hmm

edit: Why this topic is in scrim section ... since it's tutorial better put it in FAQ & tutorial section for cod.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...