bf3: new dlc announced

Jefke

EA ROLLS OUT THREE THEMED EXPANSION PACKS FOR MULTI-PLATINUM BATTLEFIELD 3

As Fans Continue to Devour the First Expansion Pack, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand, DICE Announces Three New Packs that Expand the Smash Hit with New Modes, Maps and Weapons

Guildford, UK. – March 7, 2012 – The Battlefield™ army is over 12 Million strong and growing every day as Battlefield 3™ and its first expansion, Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand continues to recruit gamers around the world with its dynamic sandbox gameplay and state-of-the-art technology. Today, DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) studio, demonstrates its ongoing commitment to fans by unveiling three new themed digital expansion packs* that will enhance the superior Battlefield experience with fresh and innovative gameplay, new modes, unique environments and more ways to wage all-out-war on the battlefield. Powered by the Frostbite™ 2 engine, the next expansion packs are: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters in June, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill in the fall, and Battlefield 3: End Game in the winter.

· Battlefield 3: Close Quarters – In Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, players are dropped into a frantic, infantry-only theatre of war. Frostbite 2 high definition destruction makes the environment come alive as everything from furniture to plaster gets shot to pieces. Players will feel the intensity of the world exploding around them as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor, while tight level design and vertical gameplay create a highly competitive environment. Battlefield 3: Close Quarters also introduces new weapons, assignments and unique dog tags to bring back to the base game.

· Battlefield 3: Armored KillFollowing the tight infantry gameplay of Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, DICE will release Battlefield 3: Armored Kill that ups the ante for vehicular mayhem as only Battlefield can do. Featuring new driveable tanks, ATVs, mobile artillery and more, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill also delivers huge battlefields for an all-out vehicle assault, including the biggest map in Battlefield history.

· Battlefield 3: End Game – The fourth expansion pack will ship in the winter but details remain tightly guarded.

• Content and release dates subject to change. Expansion pack prices to be announced when released.

source (ea pressrelease): http://ea.gamespress.com/release.asp?i=1741

some gameply of close quarter (I first thought it was cod :'( )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M44WclB-C0

That sounds really cool... I hope you don't need to buy all of the expansions to play the most recent one.

I havn't bought battlefield but the infantry expansion sounds like a lot of fun.

• 1 month later...

I want details on End Game... The other 2 don't appeal to me. Although, i might like that Armored Kill. I'm not sure about that Close Quarters, looks to CoD like and i started playing BF to get rid of the CoD feeling