Sickest pro config of mine

KITE

Yo FA,

I'm dumping my config here, i made all this myself when i used to play the ETpro scene, I did quite some scrims with it aswell (decent level even)

Its super complicated for you guys so you have 2 options: Either you go with the default, or you sit down and listen how it works.

Basically it executes ten-odd separate config, else it would be super cluttered. Its a lot of 'coding' but worth it.

Advantages:

• No clutter
  • more easy to look up something
  • EXECUTE SMALL PARTS ALL THE TIME

That last one is f***ing smart because i literally execute a new config when i change weapons. An MP40 doesn't handle like a luger, does it? And why do you need weaponalt if you're using a simple weapon like MP40, only rifles/snipers and shit need this.

OK so basically what does it have all separate CFGs

• Video Setting HD
  • Video Setting LOW
  • Xhair
  • Audio
  • General Scripts
  • Some Special Scripts that need seprate cfg
  • PB config (will i ever need it again?)
  • Gamesettings
  • Etpro settings
  • Connection settings
  • Binds
  • Classselector

Well, im just dumping it here, this is how it works

• Join a server
  • Open Console
  • Type 'Exec Total' for low settings
  • or Exec TotalHD for high settings
  • Classes are DEL HOME PGup PGdown and END. If you want to call them out press DEL

For the rest, figuere it out and you might want to check BINDS for some yeah... binds...

Oh btw, its filled with other crap i was working on aswell, you dont need all the files but im too lazy to filter them so see it as a gift :)

Yours,

KITE

btw can someone unmute me on the hardcore server?

• Like 2

Its pretty sick, too bad my laptop cant handle the TOTAL cfg.. -_- its too "high detailed"

You could modify it a bit to make it to work on your lap, for example chaging the cvars on Config/video.cfg

Change r_picmip value to "3"

Change r_subdivisions to "20" // If you play on jaymod you can set it to 999 and it will get you more fps

The resolution is set to 1024x768 on that cfg , you can try and lower it by changing r_mode to "4" for 800x600 or "3" for 640x480 .

Also there are some Extreme tweaks for really low end computers, but i only recommend to use them if you really cant get over 40 fps which is unplayable

r_colorbits 16

r_depthbits 16

r_fastsky 1

r_lodbias 2

r_lodCurveError 60

r_roundImagesDown 1

r_simpleMipMaps 0

seta r_texturebits 16

seta s_bits 8

seta s_channels 2

seta s_doppler 0

seta s_khz 22

seta s_mixahead 0.1

• Clan Friend

Change r_picmip value to "3"

I am not sure whether any gfx card that isn't really prehistoric would give more fps with a lower picmip, I think it's more a preference about having a blurred image and see enemies better.

I suggest you to change only one setting at a time and check if your fps improve, maybe using timedemo. If you don't have any fps increase then no need to change, same goes for colorbits and depthbits, make a benchmark.

I am not sure whether any gfx card that isn't really prehistoric would give more fps with a lower picmip, I think it's more a preference about having a blurred image and see enemies better.

I suggest you to change only one setting at a time and check if your fps improve, maybe using timedemo. If you don't have any fps increase then no need to change, same goes for colorbits and depthbits, make a benchmark.

It's all about your resolution , Some people says that having blurred textures it makes you see the enemy better, FPS gaining? I have tested it on a 8800GTX Back in the day and had a noticeable FPS boost.

I'd rather having stable FPS and smoothness than quality and rusty gameplay.