Problem with in-game chat

LainTime/Bazingaa^_-

Question

Hey everyone. i have a little problem with my in-game chat. The thing is, that the "chat window" is down on the "who-killed-who" thing. On my other profiles there is no problem, only on my main profile. So if anyone know a console command or something like that i would love to know how to get it back to normal.

Peace out!

6 answers to this question

do you have a screenshot of what it now looks like?

I can't really imagine the problem actually...

I know its a bit hard to understand what i was trying to explain.

post-7675-0-53436700-1323626203_thumb.png

Edited by LainTime SwE

Ah, almost forgot it :P

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\players\profiles\yourawesomeName\config_mp.cfg, look for "seta cg_hudChatPosition". This is, for me, default set to [seta cg_hudChatPosition "5 204"] (without [,]). The 5 is probably the number of pixels from the left of the screen, the 204 the pixels from the top of the screen. It might be that, if you're running at a different resolution than me (1680x1050) it needs to be different, but something like that.

It might be the case that you also need to modify the following (with my defaults)

seta cg_hudChatIntermissionPosition "5 110" <-- no idea, but might be relevant

seta cg_gameBoldMessageWidth "390" <-- width for normal messages

seta cg_gameMessageWidth "455" <-- width for regular messages

seta cg_chatHeight "8" <-- font size

Just to be complete, above folder is for Windows XP, but your config_mp.cfg could also be in:

- C:\Users\yourawesomeName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\yourawesomeName (Win vista/7 x64)

- C:\Users\yourawesomeName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\yourawesomeName (Win vista/7 x86)

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\players\profiles\yourawesomeName\ (Win XP x64)

Let me/us know if this works or you need more information.

In C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\players\profiles\yourawesomeName\config_mp.cfg, look for "seta cg_hudChatPosition". This is, for me, default set to [seta cg_hudChatPosition "5 204"] (without [,]). The 5 is probably the number of pixels from the left of the screen, the 204 the pixels from the top of the screen. It might be that, if you're running at a different resolution than me (1680x1050) it needs to be different, but something like that.

It might be the case that you also need to modify the following (with my defaults)

Just to be complete, above folder is for Windows XP, but your config_mp.cfg could also be in:

- C:\Users\yourawesomeName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\yourawesomeName (Win vista/7 x64)

- C:\Users\yourawesomeName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\yourawesomeName (Win vista/7 x86)

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\players\profiles\yourawesomeName\ (Win XP x64)

You are a god! but do i need to open config_mp.cfg? and if i have to, how do i open it? have never done anything that have with configs to do so i have no idea what to do xD

I figured it out :)

Edited by LainTime SwE

I LOVE YOU ROLF!!! i changed seta cg_hudChatPosition to "5 174" and its perfect :D thank you soooo much for the help! :D (this is me now) ------> :dance: