News: Parents buying IPads for infants.

MadSilent

On the news this morning, I heard that parents are buying IPads for infants (babies, little kids) because they say it will make them more smart. There are videos were you can see the baby using the IPad with it touch screen, moving things around and playing with it.

What do you think?

my parents bought 2 ipad2 for my 2 nieces ,10 & 7 year old, & I thought they are way too young to have such. but then my parents reasoned out that they could watch/do some educational stuff using Ipad so i didn't argue further. but for infants????seriously? I don't even have an Ipad :cry....

ipad, just like any another technological device can be used for education purposes. But in general they don't. Honestly, a kid doesn't need an ipad. A kid needs to play with legos, go out side and play hide&go seek, etc.

TV can be very education too, doesn't mean you should go out and buy your 7 and 10 year old a tv.

But those are just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

• Clan Friend

because they say it will make them more smart.

they say or they hope? in the past there were no ipads around yet we've had many geniuses

ipad, just like any another technological device can be used for education purposes. But in general they don't. Honestly, a kid doesn't need an ipad. A kid needs to play with legos, go out side and play hide&go seek, etc.

Yeah I think so, I would say it could be an extra stimulus for the brain, but even if I'm not an expert of psychology I guess that for a child, playing with a normal toy is just the same as playing with an ipad

Cats can use ipad as well :D I guess they get smarter hehe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Jb3VhwK00